Complex Networks is a subsidiary of BuzzFeed
Complex Networks is a global youth entertainment network spanning major pop culture categories including streetwear & style, food, music, sneakers & sports. Complex Networks is diversified around three pillars: advertising, e-commerce, & content where it creates & distributes original programming for Gen Z & Millennial audiences through premium distributors such as Netflix, Hulu, Turner, Corus, Facebook, Snap, YouTube, Roku & more. Additionally, Complex Networks generates revenue through a number of core business lines, including branded content & advertising, licensing, events, e-commerce, & agency consulting services.
- Nurturing established clients while also having the opportunity to sell & develop untapped opportunities.
- The ideal candidate is creative, ambitious, organized & is great at identifying & closing business across specific categories
- Meet or exceed revenue goals on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis across all brand categories.
- Build existing account relationships while prospecting & developing new accounts.
- Schedule & execute at least 10 face-to-face meetings a week including lunches, dinners, & client entertaining.
- Act as a liaison between Climate & brand team on all marketing programs, including but not limited to advertising campaigns, events, social & mobile promotions.
- Gather market & advertiser information through competitive websites as well as trade journals.
- Keep abreast of forthcoming marketing & editorial developments & special
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Customer Focus
- Organizational Savvy
- Nimble Learning
- Situational Adaptability
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- 5+ years of media sales experience meeting and/or exceeding quotas
- MUST HAVE experience selling big idea to client direct.
- Exceptional client relationship & communication skills
- Campaign management experience
- Win-Win attitude with a hunger to meet & exceed goals
- Desire to work in fast-paced & deadline driven environment
- Strong Microsoft (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint) skillset
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news & entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, & original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News & HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.