Appians information security team is growing & is seeking a Senior Security Administrator to join our security operations team. This person will work in a dynamic information security team & be exposed to modern cloud technologies & security frameworks. You will be assisting the Appian Information Security department in continuously evaluating the threat-landscape for Appian operations & service offerings. You will analyze international security concerns, emerging threats, vulnerability identification, threat hunting, & monitoring.
About the Job:
- Participate & lead key areas in the security incident response & investigation processes
- Manage Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR) platform
- Perform root cause analysis & provide recommendations that will mitigate potential impact
- Provide analysis & investigation of security related data (via SIEM/SOAR) from a wide range of security products & devices to identify trends & anomalies indicative of malicious activities
- Contribute to security techniques & automation for internal use that enable the team to operate at high speed & broad scale. For example, automating steps in the security alert triage & analysis processes
- Provide situational awareness on the current threat landscape & the techniques, tactics & procedures (TTPs) associated with specific threats
- Pursue actionable intelligence on current threats as they relate to Appian
- Conduct security research & present findings to the security team
- Participate in blue-team activities. And sometimes red-team!
- 5+ years experience in Security Operations role
- Experienced (2+ years) with administration/management of EDR & SIEM platforms
- Experienced (2+ years) with assessing security technologies & configurations
- Demonstrated experience presenting information security concepts & risks to management level personnel of varying technical backgrounds
- Deep understanding of network defense principles, common attack vectors, & attacker techniques
- Demonstrated knowledge of common adversary tactics, techniques, & procedures (TTPs)
- Knowledgeable on network defence & intelligence frameworks such as: MITRE ATT&CK Framework, Cyber Kill Chain, Diamond Model of Intrusion Analysis
- Knowledgeable on cloud-based infrastructures (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) & layer security responsibilities
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.