At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
As metropolitan cities grow, Lyft aims to transform the way people move through these cities. Critical to this goal is creating a deep understanding of people & their transportation needs. From bikes & scooters to future forms of transportation, you will be at the forefront of driving these new experiences & revolutionary technology.
Lyft is seeking a UX Researcher in our NYC office to work in conjunction with the larger UX Research team based in the SF Headquarters. You will partner with Design, Product Management, Data Science, & Engineering in order to derive deep insights about our users behaviors & attitudes, & to communicate results & actionable recommendations across the company. Youll conduct generative research to explore new opportunities, test concepts as they are being developed, & evaluate products once theyve rolled out. You will aspire to elevate the user experience for our riders across 300+ cities nationwide.
You are an excellent communicator & a flexible team player that can thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment. Youre able to drive research projects autonomously & bring clarity to ambiguity. You are also comfortable working closely with passionate cross-functional team members that care deeply about creating experiences that bring people together.
- Design & conduct studies across key product areas, utilizing methods such as ethnographic/field research, diary studies, surveys, user/usability testing (remote & in-person), & any other methods you find impactful
- Review, analyze, & communicate qualitative data to generate tactical & strategic insights, as well as actionable recommendations which drive product innovation & design improvements for users
- Conduct your own quantitative research studies - or partner with our quantitative UX & data science partners - to triangulate both the qualitative & quantitative data & provide robust insights
- Find creative & compelling ways to generate, present, & evangelize results & recommendations throughout the company, in order to help cultivate a highly informed, more effective, & more empathetic organization
- 5+ years of experience with Product organizations, utilizing a variety of research methods, including usability/user testing, surveys, & user interviews
- Undergraduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a related field OR comparable UX research experience
- Ability to communicate & coordinate cross-functionally in order to engage stakeholders from across the organization
- Proven experience working with key company stakeholders, with the ability to educate teams about user research
- Willingness to take initiative, run with projects, & speak up when support & guidance is needed
- Meticulous eye for detail
- Strong listening, analytical, & organizational skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication & presentation skills
- Enthusiasm for a team-oriented, collaborative, highly energetic, fun & fast-paced environment
- Graduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a related field
- Strong experience driving results with mobile platforms
- Understanding of quantitative methods, behavioral analysis, & statistical concepts
- Design thinking methods & brainstorm facilitation
- Visual communication, information design, & wireframing skills
- A strong interest in the transportation industry & building communities
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.