We believe that we are better together, & at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, & experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel & together find the good out there.
Want to be part of a team working on the worlds largest travel platform? Tripadvisor aims to make everyone a better traveler by creating products that help people around the world plan & have the perfect trip. As part of the team responsible for our Flagship apps, you get to work on products impacting many millions of monthly active visitors worldwide.
During the pandemic our engineering, product, & design teams went back to first principles & redesigned our Flagship native apps from the ground up, functionally & technically. Our new apps are an engineers dream to work with: they embrace component-based server-driven UI & clean architecture; & we are among the first major tech companies to fully rewrite our iOS app using SwiftUI. Come help us build upon a sound foundation & drive our next wave of growth!
We are looking for a technology leader with an in-depth knowledge of many mobile technologies, platforms, & best practices. This high-impact role will drive the evolution of our iOS platform & the continued improvement of our iOS developer experience. The ideal candidate would bring excellent communication skills, leadership, & technical acumen.
What youll do:
- Leverage iOS expertise to help define, deliver, & continue to evolve our iOS platform roadmap.
- Identify any gaps in our existing iOS architecture. Drive alignment on how to address such gaps & lead the delivery of high leverage solutions.
- Provide feedback on technical designs & ensure a scalable, maintainable iOS architecture.
- Mentor iOS engineers at all levels.
- Evangelize iOS best practices across the organization, especially to product engineering teams.
- Partner with various stakeholders to understand the needs of the business & define platform requirements.
- Be a go-to person for complex iOS development issues.
What were looking for:
- Deep understanding of best practices for building mobile applications at scale.
- Exceptional iOS development skills & at least 5 years of experience with iOS development at a senior level.
- Experience with Swift, GraphQL, reactive programming.
- Experience with large, multi-module projects.
- Proven track record of advising organizations on iOS architectural best practices.
- Familiarity with Java & microservice architectures of large-scale applications.
- Passion for building scalable software & improving the developer experience.
- Excellent communication & stakeholder management skills.
- Expert knowledge of software design patterns (e.g., clean architecture, coordinator, MVVM, VIPER, etc.)
Nice to haves:
- Experience with SwiftUI & Combine.
- Experience with server-driven UIs.
What youll get:
- Option to work where you want, in one of our offices or remotely
- Highly competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- Generous stock aware upon joining
- Additional stock awarded annually
- 401k plan with company match
- Full family private medical coverage
- Full dental coverage
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible summer working schedule
- Time off between Christmas & New years (on us!)
- Annual travel & wellbeing allowance ($1200+)
- Critical illness plus full life coverage
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance program
We strive to create an accessible & inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.