At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is seeking a User Experience Researcher to join our Lyft Rentals team. Youll partner with Design, Product Management, Data Science, Operations, & Engineering to derive deep insights about our users behaviors & attitudes, & to communicate results & actionable recommendations across the company. Youll think big about new areas, test concepts as they are being developed, & evaluate products & services once theyve rolled out.
You are an excellent communicator & a flexible team player that can thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment. You are also comfortable working closely with passionate designers, product managers, & engineers that care deeply about creating experiences that bring people together.
- Design & conduct studies across key product areas, utilizing methods such as ethnographic/field research, information architecture studies, surveys, user/usability testing (remote & in-person), & any other methods you find impactful
- Review, analyze, & communicate mixed methods data to generate tactical & strategic insights, as well as actionable recommendations which drive product innovation & design improvements for users
- Partner with our data science partners to provide qualitative context for their quantitative insights
- Find creative & compelling ways to generate, present, & evangelize results & recommendations throughout the company, in order to help cultivate a highly informed, more effective, & more empathetic organization
- 4+ years of experience conducting research, using both qualitative & quantitative methods
- Experience researching the end-to-end user experience
- Interest in partnering with teammates to increase understanding of user research
- Excellent story-telling abilities & facilitation skills
- Ability to communicate & coordinate cross-functionally in order to engage stakeholders from across the organization
- Willingness to take initiative, run with projects, & speak up when support & guidance is needed
- Undergraduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a related field OR comparable UX research experience
- Bonus Points:Graduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, Business or a related field
- Bonus Points: Fluency in Spanish (verbal & written)
- Bonus Points: Experience using research to guide product development from seed-to-scale
- Bonus Points: Design thinking methods & brainstorm facilitation
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.