Vox Media is the leading independent modern media company. Known for building the best media brands & the technology that enables them, we are committed to building a better future for the industry & getting the future of media right. Vox Medias editorial networks include Vox, The Verge, SB Nation, Eater, Polygon, Recode, & Curbed. Our diverse storytelling & advertising businesses include the Concert publisher-led marketplace, the Vox Creative brand studio, the Chorus publishing platform, & the companys entertainment division Vox Media Studios, which includes the Vox Media Podcast Network & Epic.
What youll do
- Work across all of our offices to deliver a holistic, best-in-class workplace experience.
- Develop ideas & implement scalable, sustainable solutions that improve our workplace programs & processes.
- Manage a wide variety of workplace projects. This will include everything from space planning to construction to systems implementations, & many things in between.
- Own the framework for managing a queue of workplace requests. Systematize how we collect & deliver on inbound inquiries.
- Be aware of all requests, lead prioritization, participate in executing on tasks, & remove blockers for the office team.
- Be a key partner who builds strong relationships & develops feedback loops with the team.
- Work closely with our Security team to deliver a safe, secure workplace. Ensure compliance with health & safety standards & access control systems. Maintain emergency preparedness plans for all locations.
- Manage relationships with vendors & service providers. This includes contract management & negotiations, holding providers accountable, billing, & supervising on-site workplace contractors.
- Respond to facility & equipment alarms & system failures. Maintain routine maintenance & repair of office infrastructure across all office locations.
- Work from our offices. This is a hands-on role & most of the work will happen in our offices. The position is based in New York City, but some travel is expected to our other locations.
- Be a leader & a good steward of the company who models the Vox Media Values.
What youll bring
- 3-4 years of experience on a similar team.
- Proven ability to create change & implement new processes & systems.
- Vendor & supply management experience.
- Self-starter who is curious & passionate about this type of work.
- Great communication skills across the board.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Outgoing & hardworking attitude.
- Strong attention to detail & organizational skills.
- Youre thorough & always follow up & follow-through.
- Demonstrated analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & change from topic-to-topic quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal skills & a passion for helping people & building relationships.
- An understanding & appreciation of the built environment.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the business & proactively adjust when needed.
- Be hyper-responsive & reachable. There are urgent aspects of this work. You are tuned in & ready & capable of moving things quickly.
- You understand technology & can think creatively about how systems interact & how we can harness those interactions to make improvements to the workplace experience.
- Proficient with Google Apps & the ability to become proficient with other software applications.
- Consider company values in all aspects of your work.
- Ability to travel to our other office locations as needed.
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.