Company Description Job Description
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
1. Candidate will be responsible for maintenance & support of all batch applications running on the IBM z/OS390 platform.
2. Perform 2nd & 3rd level Incident & Problem determination & resolution for any issues detected in the Production and/or Development environments
3. Work with application software development on the implementation & support of software maintenance releases.
4. Provide technical assistance to Client Services, Network Operations, & Implementations.
5. Assist in the testing & certification of new DPS software & clients.
6. Work with network operations & technical support to identify & implement application fixes & enhancements to increase efficiency & ease of use.
7. Participate in any internal modernization & othermajor project efforts.
2 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
1. College degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems or equivalent work experience in data processing.
2. 3 to 7 years support and/or development role experience on IBM z/OS390.
3. 3 to 7 years support and/or development role experience with COBOL/JCL.
4. 3 to 7 years general knowledge of EFT settlement & transaction processing.
5. 3 to 7 years support and/or development role experience using FILE-AID.
6. 3 to 7 years support and/or development role experience using ESP, CA7 or another scheduling software.
7. Connex/Advantage experience is a plus.
8. REXX experience is a plus.
9. Open systems experience is a plus.
10. Displays ability to learn quickly.
11. Ability to work independently exhibiting strong multitasking & time management skills.
12. Good analytical & problem-solving skills.
13. Good communication (oral & written) skills including the ability to translate technical issues/concepts into ways for non-technical staff to understand.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position does not require the incumbent to travel.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.