See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Twilio Flex Program Architect - EMEA.
Who we are & why were hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications & data solutions that help companies & developers worldwide build better applications & customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, & we're looking for more builders, creators, & visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
As a Flex Program Architect, you will be responsible for the overall success of a portfolio of Twilio Flex customers. Youll guide each customer through the Flex customer lifecycle, starting with an efficient onboarding that gets the customer into production with Flex. From there, youll ensure the customer maximizes the value they receive from the Flex platform, by expanding use cases & adopting new product features & integrations. Over the long term, youll monitor the health of each customers Flex implementation, proactively providing guidance on trends, newly available features, & recommendations.
Youll have a lot of help from teammates. Youll work with an implementation team, whether from Twilio Professional Services or from one of our systems integrator partners, to ensure successful onboardings, & for additional implementation work. Youll collaborate with Customer Support as they handle support tickets for your customers. Youll work with Customer Success Managers who have overall responsibility for each customers overall Twilio usage (not just Flex). And youll work with our Flex Product Managers to provide feedback about how your customers use Flex, & how they could get more value.
Youll be primarily influencing two metrics: how quickly new Flex customers begin realizing value from Flex, & overall retention & expansion of Flex usage in your customer portfolio.
Twilio Flex customers range from rising startups building innovative customer experiences from scratch, to large enterprises going through significant transformation & enabling new customer engagement journeys.
To be successful, youll have to help translate complex business & technical issues into tangible solutions. Youll have to build strong relationships with your customers. And youll need to develop comprehensive knowledge of the Twilio Flex platform.
In this role, youll:
- Help our customers maximize their Twilio Flex product investment & achieve their business objectives by providing timely, proactive recommendations, & seeing those recommendations through.
- Be a trusted advisor to Flex customers by providing credible Flex platform expertise, contact center domain knowledge, & an understanding of the customers industry vertical, enterprise technology landscape, & stakeholder engagement.
- Recommend best practices for enterprise architectural concerns across security, performance, scale, operations, governance & the software development lifecycle.
- Identify & clarify opportunities for upsell of Flex across your customers businesses, working with your Twilio sales counterpart to identify & support sales opportunities
- Help customers develop & document a Flex program vision by advising & articulating a cohesive roadmap that aligns technology with business needs.
- Review existing project & program direction, ensuring each customer is on track to developing extendable, scalable & maintainable solutions.
- Ensure customer solutions are aligned to our Twilio Flex product roadmaps.
- Act as a single point of contact for managing Flex-specific architectural & implementation issues, working with your counterparts in Professional Services, Customer Support, & Customer Success.
- Visit customers in your portfolio for business reviews.
- Study new concepts & technologies related to Flex, so you can better advise your customers. Your study may include self-learning via structured learning paths, specialist certification, & hands-on training.
- Monitor Flex adoption & utilization trends. Advise customers of upcoming technology changes or potential disruptions to their service, & advise on mitigation strategies.
- Advocate for your customers needs with Flex Product Managers, lobbying for feature enhancements in future roadmaps.
- Develop best practices & assets based on learnings from customer engagements that accelerate adoption.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, & we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Solid consulting & software product development or management experience.
- Demonstrable thought leadership & an innovation mindset.
- Expert knowledge of, & implementation experience with, one or more common enterprise software solutions (e.g. Contact Center, CRM, ERP).
- Cloud application & architecture experience, with knowledge of the wider regional cloud ecosystem.
- A solid team player who also has the initiative to work independently when required.
- The ability to read a room or situation & empathize through reason & compromise.
- Proven ability to analyze & recommend optimization of complex processes using technology.
- Ability to advise & mentor diverse teams with competing business & technical requirements where negotiated clear outcomes are required.
- Stakeholder management skills, empathy & understanding of personalities & situations with the ability to communicate the right message, at the right time, to the right audience.
- Aptitude for both analyzing technical concepts & translating them into business terms, & for mapping business requirements into technical features.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present & influence credibly & effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive & C-level.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field; or equivalent work-related work experience.
- Ability to travel where & when necessary to support your customers success.
This role will be located in our office in London, UK.
Minimum 25% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental & wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, & much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, & are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering & donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, & be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.