As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of a small team building software for Magic Leaps Waveguide & Eyepiece manufacturing equipment including the nanoimprint machines, defect inspection stations, optical testers, & precision stacking tools. Our engineers are responsible for their product(s) end to end. You will take requirements from our engineering teams & then design user interface & controls, develop code, test, document, deploy & provide support.
- Design/develop equipment controls software & user interfaces leveraging existing codebase/modules & the architecture where possible.
- Device unit tests to run in simulation environment, run tests on HW, fix bugs & contribute towards continuous improvement.
- Identify & document requirements by conferring with internal Engineering & Process engineering teams.
- Provide technical support & help with troubleshooting & improvement activities.
- Create & update operator guides, technical service/support manuals & training literature.
- 2 to 4 hours per day hands-on testing working with equipment inside the cleanroom.
- Domestic travel as required
- 4+ years of combined experience as a developer and/or test engineer. Highly proficient in C++, C# programming with some exposure to Java.
- Interest and/or experience in Mechatronics. Some college level course work in robotics & motion controls preferred.
- Exposure to Computer vision, Machine learning & deep learning.
- Experience working with Linux, WSL, Tcl/Tk/Python scripting, Matlab, Git version control, LabVIEW & Real-time programming a plus.
- Strong understanding of coding process, documentation, standards & maintainability
- Energetic & passionate about their work with a strong desire to own an assignment & independently & proactively pursues to deliver the absolute best.