At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered & self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, & customer service. Since our launch in 2009, weve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - & we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable & fast-growing business, with 11 million members of our community who believe that rental is the future.
About the Job:
We are looking for a creative, extremely proactive & organized Senior Producer, Creative to be apart of the end-to-end execution of Rent the Runways multi-faceted creative production team -- with an emphasis on the production of photo/video assets for use across our various channels (e-commerce platform, mobile app/desktop experiences, retail, paid social, organic social, internal initiatives, etc). This is a highly cross-functional role that includes collaboration with internal teams & external partners, as well as driving progress & timely delivery of assets for both.
Ideal candidates are highly passionate for photography, video, & the creativity involved in putting together the puzzle that is a successful production for the channels outlined above. You have strong relationships with a network of photographers, videographers & talent agents that you are ready to call on. You have an eye for good creative & a pulse on trends within the fashion/e-commerce industry. Most importantly, you possess a strong knowledge of best practices & trends in Production from your experience & are able to apply them using intuition.
In this role, your ability to help motivate, oversee & execute projects within tight timelines is a must. This position requires a confident personality, & someone who is able to adapt & promote a happy work environment. You are energetic, organized & exceedingly calm under pressure.
You must have ample experience with & confidence overseeing complicated productions autonomously within tight budget constraints & constantly changing overall production & shoot schedules. Finally, you are interested in contributing to the improved overall effectiveness of Production at Rent The Runway, & working with cross-functional partners to underscore best practices & iterate over time to improve the start to finish process.
What Youll Do:
- Manage & lead a team of full-time Producers & freelance crew (photographers, videographers, video editors & production partners)
- Manage all communication, timelines, budgets, check-ins/meetings associated with photo/video productions
- Contribute to the creative process by assessing the feasibility of proposed creative, recommending approaches & having ownership over the quality of the final product
- Stay current on technical information to help find the best & most efficient ways to manage a project
- Collaborate across the Creative, Marketing, & Styling teams to ensure seamless end-to-end execution of e-commerce product launches & creative marketing campaigns, from kick-off to post-mortem
- Oversee timeline, shot list integrity, studio, crew, & talent needs allowing art director & other creators to focus on execution of content including the day of shoot, ensuring all necessary elements are going according to plan
- Drive efficiencies, identify & resolve challenges in the workflow & improve execution of production processes through solution-oriented thinking
- Support manager & team with e-commerce & editorial production budget; financial tracking by invoicing, reconciling expenses, tracking & communicating budget spends, while always proactively seeking cost savings
- Oversee casting for all photo shoots across the Rent the Runway brand
- Source talent (traditional & RTR customers), manage bookings, negotiate usage & costs across photographers, stylists, video editors, hair & make-up artists, & studios within tight budget constraints & constantly changing overall production & shoot schedules
- Maintain a positive work environment with high creative standards
- Encourage & innovate new ideas to provide the highest possible quality creative output for the brand
- Assist with ad hoc special projects as needed
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant work experience (start-up and/or agency environment experience a plus)
- Ability to work well independently but know when to escalate
- Ability to shift gears comfortably, be flexible with work schedule & be at ease managing various deliverable deadlines
- Exceptional organizational, time-management, & planning skills
- Demonstrated organizational & project management skills a must, with strong attention to detail & a knack for follow-through
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (i.e. marketing & digital, in particular)
- Ability to set expectations & effectively communicate with leadership & internal stakeholders
- Photo & video production background, deep familiarity with content production across digital/social media platforms
- Must be proactive with strong initiative, able to anticipate needs & adapt to situations as they arise
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with proven experience building long-term, productive relationships with peers & candidates
- An established network of creative services (photographers, videographers/editors, makeup artists, stylists, etc).
- Proficient in Google Suite & Microsoft Excel
- Must be a team player with strong analytical, negotiation & communication skills
- A creative aptitude & appreciation with a strong grasp of the Rent the Runway brand
- Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with task/timeline management tools a plus: Asana, JIRA, etc.
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & well-being of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!