Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences & informs business decisions through location intelligence. A community of more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide & Foursquare Swarm apps & websites to discover new places, explore the world & check in. They have written more than 95 million tips & checked in over 12 billion times. Foursquare powers location data for Snapchat, Apple, Uber, Twitter & 125,000 other developers. Foursquares business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK & Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand & connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic & advertising success.
About this role:
We are on a journey to build out a best-in-class Product Marketing team that will collaborate with multiple teams across the company to drive Foursquare's overall market positioning & ensure the success of our products in the fast-growing global market of location intelligence & technology. As Foursquares Product Marketing leader, you will be responsible for building the processes that will drive strong results, empowering a team to define the narrative of our products, & pushing the organization to do Product Marketing at its highest level.
We need to stay just ahead of market trends, create a constant feedback loop with our customers needs, & establish market positioning that is differentiated, defensible & monetized. We need to do this while deeply partnering with our Product Managers & working closely with Foursquares Design & Marketing teams to bring our positioning to life in every customer touchpoint.
Who we are looking for:
You are deeply curious & passionate about products & technology. You are a seasoned leader with a knack for identifying market opportunities, creating compelling strategies & narratives, & coordinating cross-organizational initiatives to make technology products successful in competitive B2B markets.
To be successful, candidates need to understand urgency, be effortlessly strategic, & come with the ability to develop & launch scalable processes. We are looking for the following qualities:
- Leadership skills. Know how to build, lead, & empower a team. Must be able to easily confer with Executive team members, collaborate with peers, & inspire diverse groups
- A problem-solver. Be an efficient problem solver able to identify & tackle the root problem of an issue. Bring people together to solve challenges in an efficient manner & have the confidence to move forward with your own solution when the shot is yours to call
- Be a relator & communicator. Understand the needs of a diverse set of collaborators & help build a cohesive, shared vision amongst them
- Results-oriented with urgency. Prioritize, plan, coordinate, track, & evaluate the teams work with an eye towards continuous improvement
- Strong researcher. Systematically collect qualitative & quantitative inputs, draw on sharp analytical skills, & intuition to find patterns & opportunities that can be turned into actionable insights
- Come with experience. Know how to prioritize projects, spot problems before they happen & have exposure to fast-growth B2B SaaS businesses, customer marketing, & marketing research. Any knowledge of the location space is a huge plus
This person will report into the VP of Marketing.
- Collaborate with product management & marketing to develop product positioning & messaging. Set coordinating nomenclature for our product suite
- Develop marketing plans for the entire product portfolio in conjunction with the performance, engagement, & general marketing team
- Youll own industry, market, & competitive intelligence via direct & indirect interactions with customers, prospects, partners, competitors, & analysts
- Launch our rebooted content marketing machine. Deploy your team of Product Marketers to create the content that helps Foursquares Performance team drive prospects down the funnel
- Partner with the Director of Performance to fulfill the content supply chain in support of high-velocity demand generation campaigns
- Own the creation of buyer & user personas & get in the weeds on use case development
- Build a strong relationship, communication, & partnership with Product Managers to understand & provide input into product & marketing strategy & to design, plan & coordinate product launches
- Own our commercialization process taking products to market in a timely, organized fashion
- Product messaging & coordination of marketing & sales collateral & enablement assets - evaluating, developing, iterating, & documenting our sales & customer "playbooks"
- Drive packaging & pricing in collaboration with strategy, sales & other key stakeholders across the business
- Understand & partner with sales enablement; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers & users; develop internal tools & external collateral & teach them how & when to use it
- Set goals, direction & manage day-to-day priorities, workflow, & quality for the entire Product Marketing team
- 12-15+ years product marketing or similar experience with a strong background in SaaS, AdTech & Enterprise Product Marketing space
- Be a proactive leader with discipline for setting priorities, driving decisions, & getting closure on recommendations & issues
- Metrics-driven & customer-oriented mindset
- Proven ability to prioritize & manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication & writing skills
- Possess strong analytical skills & passion for analyzing products, competitors, & market dynamics
- Proven track record in crafting compelling positioning & messaging
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to be a part of building our company & the products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.