About Our Team
The Server & Control Center product is designed to deploy & manage passwordless authentication in the enterprise & consumer space. We help our customers build, scale & secure their applications by providing a RESTful API & GUI interface for managing passwordless authentication. As user & application bases continue to expand, removing passwords from the authentication chain becomes critical to efficiently & cost-effectively scaling out passwordless authentication. The Control Center development team is tasked to support features on the Control Center product line for user, authenticator & policy management, Developers on our team have an opportunity to demonstrate their wide range of development skills to meet the customers security needs.
HYPR is looking for an engineer who enjoys challenges & dives in where the team needs them. This position is responsible for the design, development, & maintenance of key product components. In addition, you will perform as an individual contributor & collaborate with peers. You will work on security products such as Control Center, Device Manager, Open Standards implementation of passwordless authentication that help customers build a secure environment. Next generation application management & analytics will also be the areas that you will work on.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, implement & test components for the:
- HYPR authentication server(s)
- Web based system management layer
- Assess requirements & design for scalability & resilience
- Comprehensive automated testing at the component level
- Research, investigate & define new areas of technology to improve existing products or new product directions
- Good team player. Collaboration with team members, test engineering & QA is critical
- Self starter, able to learn quickly in a fast, hands-on environment
- Familiar with Agile & Hybrid software development process
- Take initiative to assess & improve areas of the system needing attention
- Take pride in your work. Actively follow & promote software development best practices
- Expert level knowledge of Java SE 7+
- Strong knowledge of at-least one dynamically typed language (Python, Ruby, Scala, Kotlin or similar)
- Strong knowledge of at-least one scripting language (bash, powershell or similar)
- Expert level knowledge of Maven/Gradle or similar build system. Able to optimize & enhance build process
- Strong knowledge of API first systems
- Good knowledge of at least one major JS web framework (Angular/React/Vue)
- Good knowledge of data structures, clean code, modularity & design patterns
- Excellent analytical / trouble-shooting & debugging skills
- Demonstrated excellence in written & verbal communications
- Development experience with Kotlin
- Good knowledge of relational databases: MySQL, Oracle, Postgres, MS SQL
- Good knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI) jobs & configurations (Jenkins, Gitlab CI, & Xcode Server)
- Good knowledge of Linux Servers & Bash
- Exposure to services based architecture(s)
- Exposure to one of the major cloud providers: AWS, Azure or similar. Ability to leverage cloud offerings in your designs
- Exposure to at-least one non-relational database: Mongo, Cassandra, HBase or similar
- Proactively use of test driven development. Understanding of strengths & weaknesses of various testing approaches
- Comfortable working with QA & product to understand & refine requirements
10+ years of development designing, building & maintaining enterprise web based platform that services >100K users. Can be SaaS or On premise.
BS/MS in computer science or software engineering field.
What HYPR Offers:
- All frontend & backend engineers are Senior, youre joining a team of All Stars who consistently deliver the highest quality code & products in tight timelines
- An organisation with a great work life balance. Many of our employees have families & responsibilities outside of the office that they are able to easily meet.
- Extreme product focus, at HYPR youll never be spinning your wheels on tasks that do not matter. Everything we develop is cutting edge & important.
- High levels of ownership. We understand that we are able to do our best work when we can bring insights together.
- An emphasis on collaboration & access to giants in the industry. We achieve our best because we employ the best.
- Our engineers use the latest frameworks & language iterations. Our marketing, sales, ops & more utilize the best & latest tools for innovation & scale.
- Competitive Salary & Equity offer with significant upside as we scale
- Great Medical/Dental/Vision coverage, as well as FSA/HSA, 401k available & more
- Generous equipment budget & customized workstation. You will have what you need to be successful
Work authorization:US Citizen or H1B
Full Time Opportunity:Yes
HYPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.