Squarespace is seeking an Android Software Engineer to join our small, distributed mobile engineering team & work on the Unfold app, an app with millions of active users around the globe.
Our mobile team collaborates very closely across platforms & is responsible for delivering a terrific experience for Squarespace & Unfold users when theyre away from the desktop. You will be responsible for the end-to-end development of this Android application & the long-term vision of Squarespace & Unfold on mobile devices. This position will report directly to the Engineering Manager & will be based in our Dublin office.
- Design & implement new features, create UI, debugging, data modeling
- Develop applications with awareness of multiple software & hardware versions
- Provide timely turnaround & documentation of bug fixes during test cycle
- Collaborate with a team of distributed engineers
- Work closely with our engineering team, particularly server-side
- Work across disciplines with team members representing product, design, web development, & product marketing
- Maintain apps, listen to community & fix issues that arise
- Mentor software engineers at varying levels of experience
- Ability to translate business requirements into well-engineered solutions
- Multiple years of experience creating native Android apps, preferably with apps in the store to show
- Strong understanding of Android UI/UX best practices, & a bias toward beautiful user experience & pixel perfect UIs
- Experienced with memory management, network programming, concurrency & multi-threading
- Experience developing for constrained devices
- Experience with In-App Purchase subscriptions preferred
- Experience with photo/video apps preferred
- Experience mentoring other engineers, & demonstrable technical leadership in your background
- Kotlin / Java
- Understanding of the various architectures such as MVP & MVVM
- Ability to write efficient & maintainable custom View & ViewGroups
- RxJava, Dagger 2, OkHttp, Retrofit.
- Unit Testing
Unfold helps anyone create beautiful stories for social platforms like Instagram, Facebook & Snapchat. Users can choose from a series of template collections like Film Frames, Ripped Paper & more. Used by influencers like Kim Kardashian, Selena Gomez, & Miley Cyrus, & brands like Apple, Forbes, & Prada, Unfold has over 26 million users who have created over 700 million stories. Unfold has recently joined the Squarespace family & is headquartered in New York City.
Squarespace provides creative tools & services to help anyone build & manage their brand online. For more than a decade, weve empowered millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs building the worlds most iconic businesses to take control of their online presence like never before. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, Squarespace sets the new standard for modern publishing.
Squarespaces team of more than 500 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacationand paid time off
- Up to 18 weeks ofparental leave
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch & snacks
- Squarespace sends engineers to speak at & attend the mostrelevant andimpactful conferences throughout the year
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Gender Affirmation Surgery
- Education reimbursement
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we alsostrive forthe same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.