Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Were looking for an experienced researcher to join our team. As a Researcher on our team, you will be primarily focused on executing custom, mixed-methodology research (primary & secondary, qualitative & quantitative) studies to understand our core small business audiencetheir behaviors, attitudes, needs, perceptions & their challenges & successes. You listen hard, observe everything, & can skillfully synthesize large amounts of information into actionable insights. You should be an experienced researcher whos comfortable working solo, taking lead on small research project teams, & collaborating with Mailchimps Marketing, Product Management, & Design teams, among other departments. You must be a highly skilled communicatora deft interviewer, excellent writer & storyteller, & diplomatic colleague.
What you'll do here:
- Be an expert in the small business (SMB) market & proactively identify new opportunities for Mailchimp to grow with this market.
- Lead research projects independently or in collaboration with 1-2 other researchers (internal or vendor-side) to identify strategic opportunities for Mailchimps product & marketing development
- Translate research needs into project plans, set scope, define strategy, & use the appropriate methods (qualitative, quantitative, or both)
- Manage project analysis, guide the final deliverable, & take responsibility for deadlines
- Produce research deliverables (reports, presentation decks, etc.) that require minimal editing before theyre ready to share
- Communicate & socialize insights & recommendations across departments & up to leadership clearly, effectively, & diplomatically (through reports, presentations, casual conversations, cross-functional team meetings, internal newsletters, workshops, emails, etc.)
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are proficient in planning & executing market research studies - collaborating on key business questions, developing a research plan, building a research instrument, analyzing data, synthesizing insights, & presenting results
- You have experience working with cross-functional teams - soliciting & incorporating feedback from stakeholders, peers, & SMEs
- You have experience with advanced research techniques, including those which incorporate statistical techniques (discrete choice, conjoint analysis, etc.)
- You have an undergraduate degree in Business, Economics, Statistics, Marketing, Market Research, Psychology or a related field or equivalent experience
- You have strong analytical skills & outstanding problem solving skills
- You are an excellent communicator
- Knowledgeable of marketing positioning & messaging research to inform marketing strategy & activation
- Experience managing & interpreting results from brand & product tracking studies
- Masters Degree in Business, Economics, Statistics, Marketing, Market Research, Psychology or a related field
- Experience with G-Suite tools (Google Slides, Google Sheets, Google Docs)
- Experience using Qualtrics, Survey Gizmo, or other survey tools
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.