Business Operations Manager, Brand 2
Who We Are:
Pattern is a family of brands designed to help you enjoy daily life through the process of making a home. We create purposeful brands that inspire you to learn, explore, & lay the foundation for a more present life.
Our first brand, Equal Parts, is a new approach to making food at home, combining inviting cookware with personal guidance. Our second brand will join the family in early 2020.
Pattern is led by Emmett Shine, Nick Ling, & a tested team of startup experts from Gin Lane. In the last decade with Gin Lane, theyve built & scaled the foundation of over 50 digitally native vertical brands.
We are based in Chinatown, New York & proudly backed by some of the most prominent investors in consumer goods.
About the Role:
The Business Operations Manager role is a unique & exciting opportunity to build the foundations of a new brand & play an integral role in bringing it to market. You will be the right hand to the Brand General Manager, developing our business model, defining the end-to-end customer experience, & building & executing go-to-market plans. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional partners in Technology & Product Management, Operations, Customer Experience, Creative, Marketing, & Growth, & interface directly with our CEO & leadership team.
This is a full-time role reporting directly into the Brand General Manager. It is designed to give you unparalleled exposure to the operations of an early-stage e-commerce venture & will position you to take on roles of increased responsibility leading digital-native brands.
- Lead the Brands guidance offering, building the business case & overseeing user testing & validation of a digital product
- Develop & enhance the brand financial model, testing our business hypotheses & building strategic recommendations to move us forward
- Provide strategic recommendations to inform the Brands go-to-market plans, working cross-functionally to translate insights into action
- Conduct qualitative & quantitative consumer research to build empathy & understanding, identifying & actioning key insights
- Report & track key performance indicators for the business to enable quick, data-driven decision-making
- Bachelors degree required (MBA a plus, but not required)
- 3+ years experience in finance, consulting, operations or another analytical role
- Possess analytical capability to address business issues, chase business opportunities, & make strategic recommendations
- Understand how to navigate financial statements & are familiar with the key levers required to manage a P&L
- Highly proficient in Excel; able to learn other analytical platforms & tools as needed (e.g., SQL)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Are independent, enterprising, self-starter who is comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility
- Have a hypothesis-driven approach to solving problems, using data to inform your approach
- Outgoing & sociable; willing to wear multiple hats & work on projects of all types
- Are resourceful, you understand that constraints breed creativity, & you thrive in an environment that includes limited resources
- Are very curious, not afraid to ask questions, & over-communicate with your team
- Have a sense of humor
What Pattern offers:
- Competitive compensation & meaningful equity
- Generous PTO Policy
- Company-sponsored medical & dental
- Commuter Benefits for Parking & Transit
- An amazing culture, team, & mission
- Breakfast every Monday, plus free drinks & snacks every day
- Company activities including happy hours, company BBQs, Town Halls, & more!
At Pattern, were building an inclusive team of diverse individuals as passionate about our mission as we are. We set out to ensure each member has the resources they need to thrive, create, & succeed.
As an equal opportunity employer, all persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, disability or handicap, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law (cancer or genetic characteristics), pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws & ordinances.