Gimlet Media tells stories through audio. Our roster of podcasts includes critically-acclaimed shows like Reply All, Crimetown, Homecoming, & The Nod. We have top editorial, sales, & business teams that work together to create experiences that help listeners better understand each other & the world around them. We are looking for ambitious, curious, talented, & kind people to join our team.
We come from diverse backgrounds, brought together by the desire to create amazing experiences for listeners, & a shared belief in working hard, embracing creativity, & supporting one another. At Gimlet, good ideas matter more than titles. People who tackle problems with creative solutions, & who love the energy of a collaborative, team-oriented creative process thrive here. Were proud to have recently joined the Spotify family with whom we share these values.
Were looking for a Brooklyn-based Project Manager to support our Creative, Marketing, & Design teams. Working across Gimlet Creativeour in-house creative agency for brandsand Marketing, this role will be responsible for staffing producers, marketing managers, account services managers, creative strategists, & designers, as well as working with leadership to improve process across these teams.
The ideal candidate is driven, organized, analytical, diplomatic, & comfortable both navigating existing process & being willing to rip it up when it needs to be rebuilt. This person will be excellent at prioritizing tasks, efficient decision-making, & above all has a genuine passion for problem-solving & process. As Joel Embiid says, Trust the Process. This role reports to Gimlet Creatives Marketing Lead.
What Youll Do
- Assigns Marketing Managers for the creation of sales materials & proposals for brand partners
- Staff Account Services Manager & Producer(s) for standard ad campaigns, branded podcasts, & voice skills
- Staffs Designers on editorial, marketing, & Gimlet Creative projects
- Works with AdOps, Account Services, & Producers to create production timelines for Gimlet Creative podcasts & voice skills
- Manages show launch timelines/deliverables with Marketing Manager & Editorial Operations
- Coordinates production & scheduling for cross-promotions with podcast platform partners
- Facilitates asset delivery (audio, visual) for paid media, platform promotion, non-podcast platform licensing, etc.
- Identifies & implements efficiencies in process across these areas
Who You Are
- 2-4 years experience in project management or AdOps
- Experience interfacing with a variety of teams & needs, & translating these into efficient process
- Effective but diplomatic communication skills
- Talented multitasker, & organized to a fault
- Proactive & savvy problem solver
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative culture, embracing & effectively implementing feedback
- Attention to detail
- Deep understanding of & perhaps even a certain thrill working with Google Sheets, Slides, & Microsoft Office Suite
- Client-facing experience a bonus
This is a full-time role based in our Brooklyn, NY office.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, & background will lead to a better environment for our employees & a better product for our users & our creators. This is something we value deeply & we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to audio.