1stDibs is a highly analytical & data-driven organization - so much so that one of our core values is Say it with data!
We are looking for a detail-oriented, analytically-gifted Payroll Associate to ensure payroll is conducted seamlessly. The ideal candidate will derive joy out of processing payroll & being a resource for approximately 275 1stDibs employees. We currently use ADP Workforce Now as our payroll processing system, so previous experience in running payroll through this system will set this person up for success.
This role is situated within our Accounting team, which strives to create a work environment where people are challenged to grow & develop their talents; feel a sense of belonging & mission; & are surrounded by other high-performing, interesting colleagues. This role reports to the Senior Director of Accounting, & will also work closely with peers in the People team.
***This a contract role*******
What youll do
- Process multi-state bi-weekly payroll for all US-based employees (both exempt & non-exempt)
- Assist with compiling & processing monthly payroll for our UK-based employees
- Collect, document, & enter all additional compensation in payroll, including compensation changes, bonus, commissions, & expense reimbursements
- Process & maintain payroll garnishments, tax corrections, & quarterly & year-end filings
- Maintain awareness of existing & new legislation governing payroll requirements to ensure compliance
- Ensure the accuracy & integrity of all wage-related data before completing payroll runs through our HRIS (ADP Workforce Now)
- Confidently serve as the primary point of contact for employees for payroll-related questions
- Reconcile & resolve discrepancies in monthly benefits withholdings
- Enter all payroll-related transactions in the general ledger (NetSuite)
- Audit timesheets & follow up with managers as needed
- Support Senior Director of Accounting with the sales incentive system by calculating monthly commissions & generating reports for review
What youll bring
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or similar field (Preferred, not required)
- 2-4 years experience in payroll processing, including ADP Workforce Now
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written
- High sensitivity to protecting confidential information
- Self-motivated, personable, organized, & a team player
1stDibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, & Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.