FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, & leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, & TV/media, including FanDuel, Betfair US, & TVG. FanDuel Group has a presence across 45 states & 8 million customers. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, & Scotland.
Be a part of a fast-growing business at the FanDuel group by helping to drive significant revenue through creative campaign development & detailed execution.The Ad Sales & Sponsorship team is a revenue-driving partnerships group within FanDuel. This role will own key revenue driving initiatives; from pre-sales ideation to post-sales execution; & everything in between including creative design, developmentof new ad products,testing & implementation.
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to the VP of Sales & Sponsorships, this role will be integral in leveraging FanDuels linear & digital channels to increase sales & create a foundation to ensure the company continues its rapid growth. The Director of Ad & Sponsorship Sales will be
Accountable for achieving sales goals & driving a cohesive sales strategy that is aligned with the broader business goals.
What youll do
- Sell advertising & integrated sponsorships to national & regional brands & advertisers
- Achieve or exceed revenue goals, & non-revenue based MBOs, where applicable
- Develop strategic relationships with large advertisers & agencies across a multitude of categories
- Maintain current knowledge of advertising industry landscape, market trends, & category/advertiser activity, particularly within the sports industry, & adjust strategy & tactics as needed
- Utilize connections, network, & contacts to increase partnerships & sponsorships while also being comfortable rolling up his/her sleeves to actively sell in market
- Be responsible for creating best-in-class sales materials for client meetings
- Foster deep relationships with senior level executives & work with other key internal stakeholders to ensure resources & ad products are focused to maximize advertising opportunities & delivery
- Mentor supporting team members & assist with their career development
- Help VP lead a new functional area & strategy around sales/sponsorships that is achievable as part of the broader business strategy
Who were looking for
- 7-8 years of experience in advertising & sponsorship sales with proven record of success; digital or sports background a plus
- Deep knowledge of the advertising industry (ideally sponsorship, linear and digital) with a strong professional network of advertising professionals & agency executives
- Knowledge or interest in fantasy sports, sports betting, & overall sports industry important
- Superior communication & presentation skills & professional demeanor
- Passion for developing high-growth strategies & tactical plans & seeing them through to successful execution
- Collaborative & innovative leadership skills & the ability to develop, lead & manage talent across a successful, nimble sales team
- Experience working in a fast paced, matrixed organization is a plus
- Experience working with both brand & performance-based advertisers is a plus
- Personable & approachable; no ego
- Puts the companys best interest ahead of personal agenda; a true team player who is passionate about the brand & the direction of the business
- Operates with honesty & sound judgement & is self-aware
- Roll-up-your-sleeves attitude & approach
What you get in return:
Beyond working with such a great team?
- An exciting environment with real growth
- Contribute to exciting products used by a highly passionate user base
- Personal learning & development opportunities
- Flexible holiday allowance
- 401K with company contribution match
- Generous healthcare plans
There's more, but we don't want to go on & on.
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgment or harassment. Our focus is on developing