Peloton is looking for an experienced & passionate software engineer with strong technical foundations in authentication protocols to join our User Platform Team. We are looking for an engineer to join this new team & help develop & ship new products.
The mission of this team is to provide a best-in-class authentication platform that enables the creation & continued access of millions of user accounts, as securely & as seamlessly as possible.
The teams vision is to provide One-Click secure access to all applications across a broad range of technologies such as web, mobile, smart TVs & connected fitness products, and to realize this, we need curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. We seek to enhance user profile security by introducing advanced capabilities such as geo-based anomaly detection, brute force protection, malicious bot detection & more.
The team partners with many others across the company to help drive growth & engagement of Peloton's member base. It is one of the most central & crucial pieces of application in the Peloton ecosystem. So, if youre a big thinker who is nimble & adaptable, Peloton may be an ideal place for you to shine!
What You'll Do
- Lead the design, implementation & delivery of large engineering projects that interact with multiple teams
- Ideate & innovate on complex software solutions
- Analyze logs & metrics to uncover attacker techniques & apply solutions to prevent them.
- Engage with customers & support when required to solve production issues
- Develop analytics capabilities to understand customer insights
You are an innovator in the Identity & Access Management space, who consistently explore opportunities to improve the authentication experiences of our customers. You are an experienced engineer who knows how to translate requirements & concerns from cross-functional stakeholders into pragmatic technical solutions & deliver them to production. You enjoy building scalable & quality software through rigorous code reviews & automated testing in an iterative fashion. You are also proud of your attention to detail, sense of ownership & the quality of your work.
- In-depth knowledge of Identity & Access Management (IAM) protocols & technologies such as OAuth, OIDC, SSO, JWT, Session Management, etc.
- 5+ years of experience with one or more object-oriented programming language like Python, Ruby, Java etc
- Excellent understanding & experienced with common threat vectors, including strategies to detect, mitigate & prevent them.
- Knowledgeable in cloud infrastructure & technologies, including their trade-offs related to security, performance & scalability.
- Strong understanding of secure engineering concepts that can be applied to coding practices & code reviews.
- Clear grasp of AuthN & AuthZ concepts.
Nice to Have
- Experience working in the space of customer identity & access management (IAM) for consumer-facing tech products
- Experience with API Gateway technologies
- Experience with on-prem or SASS based CIAM platform