WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, & web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, & Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands & consumers in a more authentic & human way. And we do it at scale each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100 Magazines 2019 Best Places to Work, & Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We're looking for a talented Technical Data Consultant to join our Data Services Team. We work closely with our customers during onboarding to integrate the Braze into their products & with existing customers to improve their use of Braze. Youll be side-by-side with the product & engineering teams at some of the fastest growing & most innovative brands, like Postmates, Microsoft, ibotta, Dominos, & OkCupid. For many of these companies, the mobile app is their flagship product & the face of their brand. Youll work with brands like these as an extension of their team to help solve their challenges with customer engagement.
The ideal candidate will have experience developing working with databases, scripting with APIs, project management, delivering professional services, & have top-of-the-line people skills. You should have examples of projects that youve managed end-to-end from design to finished product. You should be great at managing your own time, breaking down complicated problems, troubleshooting, & rapidly iterating on a product.
- Work with Integration & Onboarding, Product & Customer Success teams to help customers integrate Braze data products.
- Collaborate with the Onboarding team to understand customer requirements & goals.
- Work directly with Customer's data, marketing, & BI teams to understand their data needs.
- Deliver trainings to Customer's teams to achieve their analytics reporting requirements.
- Optimize internal processes to shorten customer time to value & other internal KPIs.
- Travel to Brazes global customer base to deliver presentations & provide data expertise on-site (up to 40% travel time).
- Improve our documentation to make it easier for all of our customers to use Brazes Data Suite.
WHO YOU ARE
- Degree in computer science, mathematics or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience with Cloud Databases/Data Warehouses (Snowflake/Redshift/BigQuery, etc).
- 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing capacity (consultant or in a professional services team).
- Experience working with various data structures (JSON/AVRO/Parquet, etc).
- Experience with web-services like APIs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills & a user-centric attitude.
- High level of intellectual curiosity. You see opportunity & growth in learning more about what you do & how it impacts others
Nice to Have
- Python or Go knowledge.
- Atlassian (Confluence, JIRA) or Mavenlink experience.
- Marketing Analytics background.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work & life
- Free daily lunch & fully stocked kitchen with snacks & beverages
- Excellent medical, dental, & vision coverage for you & your dependents
- Life insurance, commuter benefits, & parental leave plans
- Collaborative, transparent, & fun loving office culture
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act,click hereto understand how Braze processes your personal information & how you can exercise your rights.