Peloton is seeking a Industrial Design Program Manager to help optimize the efficiency & output of our Industrial Design team processes & resources. This role sits on the Industrial design team where you will report to the Director of Industrial design. This team is responsible for the design of our future hardware roadmap that is key to the peloton member experience including but not limited to Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & accessories.
This role works primarily with the Industrial Design & CMF teams to facilitate cross functional collaboration with the EPMs, Product Managers, UI & UX Designers, User Researchers, Mechanical Engineers to keep things on track, & deliver best in class industrial design that represents the Peloton brand.
The IDPM has an understanding of the goings-on for all the in-flight & upcoming Design projects in their purview & is able to provide valuable information back to the team, optimize the path towards completing projects, & call out any issues or risks to efficient & effective project completion.
Note - This role is not a Product strategy or design role. It is a role on the team that explicitly focuses on process optimization & project tracking.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Work in a flexible, adaptable, & empathetic way, understanding that each team & individual contributor will have unique work styles, & each project will vary in its specific process needs.
- Assist in scoping & determining milestones & schedules for Industrial Design & CMF projects. Intake changes to project plans & priorities, & help manage downstream impacts to other project timelines & resource capacity.
- Take the lead on ensuring projects move forward seamlessly & efficiently by coordinating (and often attending) Industrial Design & CMF reviews.
- Identify & remove blockers to enable ID & CMF to work productively toward project goals.
- Track progress throughout the duration of a project (from definition to launch & beyond) with a mindfulness toward dependencies, & facilitate effective communication within & across teams.
- Maintain documentation & dashboards that allow for quick & efficient understanding of resource capacity & project status.
- Facilitate design planning & standups, & understand the status of active projects across the Industrial Design & CMF team. Report on project status regularly to your, & broadly across the Product organization.
- Attend weekly syncs organized by EPMs to share design project statuses & stay informed about engineering timelines.
- Work with designers to understand design debt priorities & design initiatives & assist with scheduling this work into sprint plans.
- Coordinate effective collaboration protocols between Product Design & the Marketing Creative team.
- Facilitate retrospectives for the Product Design team to build teamwork, identify pain points, & support the ongoing improvement of team processes.
- Ability to understand a growing team with an eye to build a small team of IDPMs to drive successful & creative design workflows.
- Has 5-8+ years working in Hardware Product Development in Design Operations. Design Program Management in an agile software development environment is a plus but not essential for the role.
- Can demonstrate a deep understanding of Industrial design, the concept development process & deliverables.
- Passionate about hard product design a strong advocate for designers as well as the users they design for.
- Knows what it takes to make products & maintain a high level of quality on the production side of design.
- Flexible to the unique work styles & strengths/weaknesses of each team & team member.
- Motivated to continuously seek opportunities to create efficiencies & improve team performance.
- Ability to quickly learn & adopt new project management tools.
- Excellent problem solving skills; thrives when working with complexity.
- Organized & detail-oriented: able to track multiple moving workstreams.
- Cool, calm, & collected under pressure.
- Able to communicate well with a variety of stakeholders in an open, direct, & clear way.
- Builds strong relationships throughout the company & earns the trust of team members.
- Works well in a fast paced environment.
- Highly self-motivated & self-managed. Able to adapt in a new space.
- Strong listener: able to deeply understand the teams needs, ask the right questions to keep a project moving in the right direction, & proactively pursue feedback.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.