Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As part of the U.S. Client Marketing team, the Senior Director will be responsible for the development & sell-in of marketing advisory services for Visa's issuing clients. In this role. you will engage with teams across Visa & its clients to deliver programs & thought leadership to help grow our clients' payment card business. These advisory initiatives are expected to assist clients with their key business priorities & drive incremental client & Visa revenue.
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor's degree or at least 10 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Master's, MBA).
- Payments or other financial services experience is required
- MBA or other relevant Master's degree preferred
- Experienced, results-oriented marketer with at least 12-15 years progressively responsible business experiences with a proven track record in delivering marketing programs with majority in roles that involved consulting, product or business strategy, market research, product launches or planning
- Experience in designing & executing multi channel marketing campaigns (i.e paid social, search engine marketing, paid social, email, direct mail etc.) across the card marketing lifecycle (acquisition, usage, retention, loyalty)
- Experience in client facing roles preferred
- Ability to lead in a very complex & matrixed organization
- Experience developing comprehensive marketing strategies that demonstrate a clear roadmap to driving top line growth across a broad range of partners
- Multi-functional project management & strategy development skills; ability to manage teams & deliverables - & to coordinate, collaborate, & demonstrate results to other Visa divisions, financial institutions
- Excellent written English, spelling, punctuation & grammar; immaculate proofreading & editing skill
- Great communication skills, high energy & ability to work independently & thrive with limited guidance
- Flexible & creative thinker with the ability to define business tradeoffs, generate out-of-the-box solutions & manage uncertainty
- Ability to lead & influence decisions of others, including senior management
- Advanced proficiency in the MS Office Suite
- Willingness to travel (Up to 50% of the time within the US to other VISA offices or client offices.
- Partner with Visa Account Executives to identify areas of opportunity appropriate for marketing advisory engagements & effectively scope projects, timelines & deliverables
- Lead end-to-end delivery of marketing projects; manage the day-to-day prioritization of work across multiple projects, deliverables & stakeholders
- Earn respect as a payments thought leader with clients by quickly identifying business opportunities from a broad range of data & information (from Visa, FIs, competitors, industry etc) & translating those opportunities into actionable, effective & measurable recommendations
- Establish business cases & projected ROI on investment to identify & prioritize opportunities
- Manage or monitor performance of third party partners that may supplement creative, strategy or go-to market activities
- Partner with peers in other functional areas (analytics, technology, sales, product, & marketing) & across global regions to execute projects in ways that leverage the breadth & depth of Visa's resources
- Demonstrate innovation & creativity on a day-to-day basis through effective problem solving, recommending new ideas & solutions to drive better advisory engagements
- Strong strategic thinker with a results orientation who approaches any challenge with thoughtfulness, drive & appropriate urgency
- Executive presence & ability to present & represent Visa in senior executive meetings both internally & with clients
- Collaborative & hands-on team leader & player who builds strong relationships internally & externally, & works well under pressure, thriving under tight deadlines
- Flexible & resilient leader as demonstrated by adaptability, professional maturity & ability to manage by influence
- Exceptionally strong project management & interpersonal skills
- Data driven marketing expertise & results oriented