The Infrastructure Engineering teams are looking for passionate software engineers with experience in server-side programming to help scale, & support the underlying systems, services & APIs powering the features on our highly interactive web applications.
The Infrastructure Engineering teams are responsible for evolving Squarespace's massive engine that serves millions of users worldwide. We build the reverse proxies & caching layers that process 1.5+ billion requests every day, integrate with CDNs, handle TLS termination & understand HTTP/2. We develop the software that works with our storage, database & search infrastructure across all of our data centers, ingesting close to 2 TBs of data per day. Our internal products include an asynchronous jobs framework & a powerful microservices framework, both used by 150+ software engineers in the wider organization. We create services that can be reused by product teams, including localization, certificate management, screenshotting, authentication, notification & billing services, & the image service that processes 2 million images per day.
- Write high-quality server-side code, create powerful high-volume production applications, & develop prototypes quickly
- Analyze & improve efficiency, scalability, reliability & performance of our software platforms & systems infrastructure at the core of Squarespace
- Practice disciplined software engineering through beautiful, readable code, code reviews & automated testing
- Partner with a team of experienced engineers to test your ideas & understand the system, & mentor junior team members
- Strong object-oriented programming experience in Java, Go, Python OR any other OO language
- 5+ years of experience building large-scale software & distributed systems
- A strong understanding of, & experience with, web application development
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, & software design practices.
- Strong understanding of database design, caching & scalability, & knowledge of TCP/IP (network programming is a plus)
- BS, MS, or degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent industry experience
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 18 weeks of parental leave
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch & snacks
- Squarespace sends engineers to speak at & attend the most relevant and impactful conferences throughout the year
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Gender Affirmation Surgery
- Education reimbursement
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.