Based in London & working in a feature team, youll be helping us improving our platform moving towards a microservice architecture, focusing in continuous delivery, scalability & system resilience. We have users sending money from 50 countries to over 150 countries & were expanding. The work is varied, from creating new products & features to improving existing functionality, we strive to build a better customer experience & a better codebase. This is real growth at pace.
We use a modern stack .NET Core, Azure,Microservices & modern tools CI, TDD, Agile to get the job done.
- Writing great code.We understand code is read more than its written, better off tested & maintainability is a must.
- Helping shape what we build.Youll be working closely with product owners, designers & other engineers to design & refine our work. We work as a team & your input is key.
- Owning delivery.Were obsessed with shipping value; youll own work beyond just a pull request. Youll care about bugs, scalability, uptime & other non-functional requirements.
- Growing together.Youll review others' work & happily seek feedback on yours to ensure we build a better codebase & sharpen each other's skills.
What we are looking for:
- A skilled Engineer.5+ years' experience of building APIs & services.
- Strong on C#.Enjoying the open source .NET core renaissance.
- Deals in databases.You can sketch out schemas, discuss thetradeoffsof NoSQL & query-plan your way through scaling issues.
- Happy in the Clouds.Our Cloud Native platform is hosted in AWS & Azure. Youll be comfortable working with a system that supports users from around the world, at scale.
- Well-principled.Especially in the craft of Software Engineering you will understand deeply: modularity, testability, extensibility, scalability & other ilities.
- Bias for action.You see a problem, you fix a problem. You get buy in for your solutions & keep tickets moving. Were always looking for ways to ship at pace.
- Growth mindset.A willingness to use your skills & experience to mentor less-experienced engineers. A desire to learn from others & make yourself better every day.
- Agile outlook.You need to be excited about working in a fast-changing environment. Products, tools, frameworks & processes change, we evolve & take the best bits with us. The teams drive the evolution.
Who we are:
Were changing the way people send money abroad. Were taking something complicated & making it simple. Our people & our technology work together to create faster, easier & lower cost money transfers. We send to more than 150 countries around the world & have over 3 million happy customers a number thats growing every day. After all, 120,000 5reviews cant be wrong!
We believe in helping our customers hard work go further. Weve helped millions of children to go to school, helped thousands of people to receive medical treatment and, every week, we help tens of thousands of people to pay their bills. But most importantly, we do it all with the creativity, imagination & colourful spirit of our customers.
The work were doing is making a splash in the fintech industry too. Accel Partners & Technology Crossover Ventures have invested $140 million in us & as early backers of the likes of Facebook, Spotify & Netflix, we know were in good company! Not only that, but were also a member ofTechCityUKs prestigiousFutureFifty.
Changing the world isnt easy, but were hoping to find the right people to join us on our way. If you think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems & have the drive to make things happen, you might just be what were looking for.