THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, & for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity & passion, always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, & put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers lives, cooking & creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Blue Aprons engineering team creates software that manages the forecasting, purchasing, preparation, & shipment of new fresh ingredients every week, delivering over 8 million meals nationwide each month. Were faced with complex supply chain & logistical challenges that require purpose-built solutions & data analysis.
As a Software Engineer at Blue Apron, you are responsible for the ongoing evolution of our software architecture, mentoring new engineers & providing technical leadership for strategic projects. We are looking for someone who is passionate about software development & enjoys both learning from & teaching others.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
- Create & implement beautifully responsive & optimized new features to provide more enjoyable experiences for our users.
- Work closely with developers, designers, product managers, & other teams in the company to design the best experiences possible for our internal & external applications.
- Build efficient & reusable front-end systems & abstractions.
- Develop APIs to support our user facing web & mobile applications.
- Find & address performance issues.
- Participate in design & code reviews.
- Identify & communicate best practices.
- Our stack: React, Redux, Webpack, Ruby on Rails, GraphQL, PostgreSQL
- Five or more years experience as a software engineer.
- Solid knowledge of testing principles.
- Experience creating cloud services in frameworks like Ruby on Rails, Django, Node.js or similar technologies.
- An understanding of RESTful API design & have developed clients to interact with a variety of APIs.
- A thirst for learning & a passion for new technologies, processes, & patterns.
- You write tests to improve the quality & reliability of your code.
- Track record of mentoring up-and-coming engineers.
If you dont meet these exact requirements but think youd be a good fit, please apply!
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.