As Urban Mobility Strategist, youll elevate the prominence of microtransit as a transportation mode by overseeing ambitious evidence-based research projects, sharing new knowledge as an expert evangelist at industry events & through original publications, developing sophisticated commercial proposals using proprietary modeling & planning tools, & managing special transportation consulting projects. This role is based in NYC & reports to the Head of Global Business Development.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Scope & implement research projects showing how microtransit helps communities achieve desirable policy outcomes by complementing, & in some cases replacing, legacy transportation modes.
- Share findings at conferences & on panels & publish them in transportation & urban planning publications, academic journals, white papers, op-eds, & blog posts.
- Systematically monitor goings-on in the mobility space, identify & analyze key issues, & share action-oriented analysis.
- Leverage Vias advanced tools & extensive best practices to develop compelling responses to solicitations from cities & transit agencies.
- Manage complex transportation consulting projects by working with internal stakeholders -- on the Data Science, Finance, Business Development, Public Policy, & Communications teams -- & vendors, academic researchers, & public sector partners.
- An expert urban design and/or transportation planning professional with multiple years of experience managing transportation design projects and, preferably, a portfolio of published articles.
- A true believer in the social, economic, & environmental benefits of microtransit as a mode; you love challenging the conventional wisdom & dont shy away from controversy.
- A passion for learning & communicating your discoveries to the broadest possible audience
- Exceptional analytical skills, both qualitative & quantitative; you are also a superb writer (your colleagues have told you so -- maybe youve even won awards).
- An advanced degree in urban design, city, and/or transportation planning from a top-tier graduate school (PhD preferred).
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. Were building revolutionary technology thats changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation thats friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the worlds biggest cities & is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. Weve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, & were growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries & deployments in more than 50 markets, with a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If youre someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, & loves getting things done, wed love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages & benefits, including equity, health insurance, & relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.