GIPHY is the worlds largest place to search, discover, & create all the GIFs. Were the leading brand in short-form entertainment & visual communication.
iMessage, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Tinder, Slack, WhatsApp & many more all integrate against our API to serve GIFs to their millions of users across the globe. We serve over 7 billion GIFs every day to more than 500 million people.
Were a creative & passionate group of GIF-obsessed individuals continuing to build out what we believe is the future of communication. We have big goals & are looking for like-minded, talented people to join us.
You will create & enforce policies that make GIPHY a safe & engaging place for our community of creators, partners & users. You will work to build from the ground up initiatives that significantly impact content quality, community engagement & moderation processes, & operational scalability. Reporting to the Heads of the Content Department, this role will have extremely high visibility across all parts of the company & tangible interactions with our content, product, marketing, & PR teams.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, consumer tech savvy, & community focused individual with a history of success working & leading global teams in safety, moderation, law enforcement communication, & community management functions.
What Youll Do:
- Work closely with key content, product, & engineering teams to develop moderation engagement, enforcement, & escalation processes
- Build, manage, & scale our team of community & content moderation specialists while ensuring a strong balance of achieving business KPIs / performance goals, including setting individual goals, performance management, mentoring growth & development, & ensuring team health & engagement
- Develop & manage relationships with local & international Law Enforcement agencies
- Oversee the handling of escalated & time sensitive trust & safety issues
- Dive into unfamiliar & cutting edge digital safety & community guidelines subject matters & be an expert in representing how they will impact GIPHY & its community
- Act as the global escalation point for on & off-GIPHY community issues & questions
- Work with product team to spec, build, & evolve safety & moderation tools
- Critically analyze inputs from internal stakeholders as well as the GIPHY community to define long term moderation strategies
- Oversee & manage third party employment agencies / vendors as needed
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of demonstrated success & subject matter expertise in content & community moderation with preferred emphasis in the technology industry
- Experience working with user generated content & licensed content platforms & the surrounding moderation environments
- Prior Trust & Safety, legal, fraud, or operational experience, including experience dealing with online NSFW content
- Strong knowledge of online legal issues & ability to effectively communicate challenges & escalations
- Experience working with consumer technology brands that have global impact
- Experience managing large global decentralized teams
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- High technical aptitude & firm understanding of GIPHY
- Ability to project manage with emphasis on prioritization & multitasking; ability to adapt to a fast moving environment
- Excellent team player with ability to maintain strong internal & external relationships
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
This is a full time salaried position, including stock options, fully covered health insurance, 4% 401K match, free lunch every day, free gym membership & lots of other fun perks.