Vimeo is looking for a contract English-to-German language specialist to work on bringing the worlds best video platform to our German users & creators. You will be vital in translating the Voice of Vimeo.
This will be a 15-20 hour per week contract position, with the potential for full-time employment after 3 months.
This position requires a flexible schedule & part of the work to be performed on-site at Vimeos headquarters in New York.
What you'll do:
- Translate English copy & messaging on the Vimeo website, mobile apps, & marketing materials into German for the German market
- Translate the Vimeo voice & tone for a German audience
- Review previous translations for consistency & accuracy
- Work with Product Managers to understand new features & updates to the site to best be able to translate them for the German market
- Work with Design & Messaging teams to better understand context & provide alternatives where needed
- Work with Marketing team to help target marketing messaging to a German audience while preserving Vimeos voice
- Propose improved translations through vendor dashboard & respond to issues
- Audit site for any UI or UX issues in regards to translation
- Take part in marketing, market research & users survey projects in order to enhance the understanding of the German market
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- Bilingual in German, with German preferably as mother-tongue
- Familiarity with Vimeos site & voice
- Experience in localizing for the technology sector
- Attention to detail organizationally inclined
- Aptitude with Google Docs, Office suite & Project management platforms
- Desire to be part of a growing team as opposed to pure freelancing
- Experience in copywriting in German
- Project management/coordination experience
- Knowledge of film or video world
- Experience working with Smartling TMS and/or CAT tools
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories & connect with their audiences & communities. Home to more than 80 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the worlds largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share & sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, & to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent & cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration & creativity. Were committed to building a company & a community where people thrive by being themselves & are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe & India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.