Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, & build their careers. More than 60 million professional & aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, & find job opportunities. We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, & enable the world's developers. The products & services are focused on technical recruiting, developer marketing, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, & many other Fortune 500 names.
This position will be responsible for executing a value-add recruitment strategy & selection approach that reflects Stack Overflows culture, values, & success factors. This position is metrics-driven & will be responsible for attracting the brightest global talent across every function in the organization.
The Director, Talent Acquisition strives to elevate the relationships with business leaders across every line of business. The Director requires a thorough understanding of current & future hiring needs & priorities to translate them into an overarching global hiring strategy that is seamless to apply to the business. To be successful in this role, you should have relevant experience in managing a team & leading sourcing strategies, recruitment channels (external & external), be a person who is focused on adding value to a process, & extremely results oriented.
What youll do:
- Partner with senior stakeholders across all business areas to evaluate hiring needs, define roles & execute a workforce plan with recruitment budget in mind
- Execution of experienced hire recruitment, candidate & vendor management
- Manage, evaluate & coach a team of Talent Acquisition professionals
- Constantly identifying ways to further the teams' strategic offerings & abilities to best meet the ongoing demands of the business ensuring best practice for internal hiring processes
- Manage, source & recruit for a portfolio of a variety of management level positions
- Effectively evaluate potential third-party partnerships, build highly effective working relationships with external recruitment agencies to support the hiring process
- Partner with HRBPs team to develop strong internal relationships & performance measures
- Partner with VP of People, Division Managers, HRBPs & Finance to execute workforce plan with recruitment budget in mind
What youll need to have:
- Hands-on agility in the identification, assessment & selection of top talent across divisions within an organization (e.g. Finance, Technology, Marketing, etc.) with a minimum of 7 years relevant experience in recruitment operations with a minimum of 2 years managing a team
- Willingness to be hands-on throughout daily activities with team members. The candidate will also be the lead the recruiter for various complex positions within the organization
- Ability to translate business requirements into strategic talent acquisition actions with measurable key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Ability to quickly gain an understanding of the business needs & strategy & articulate the needs of a position
- Demonstrated competence in thinking strategically, analytically, conceptually & innovatively
- A flexible approach & ability to operate in a demanding, fast-paced, data-driven environment
- Ability to multitask & prioritize requests effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy & attention to detail
- Successful track record of managing, training & developing a team of direct reports
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Hands on expert knowledge of a variety of recruitment tools: Greenhouse, LinkedIn Recruiter Glassdoor etc.
What youll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- 20 days paid vacation + holidays
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, & free daily lunches prepared by our in-house chefs
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check & upon having the appropriate legal right to work.