Who we are
DoubleVerify is the leading independent provider of marketing measurement software, data & analytics that authenticates the quality & effectiveness of digital media for the world's largest brands & media platforms. DV provides media transparency & accountability to deliver the highest level of impression quality for maximum advertising performance. Since 2008, DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most from their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital ecosystem, helping to build a better industry. Learn more at www.doubleverify.com.
As a VP of Engineering you will be responsible for all Engineering aspects related to DoubleVerifys Analytics platform as well as Services Activation & Configuration systems. You will ideate, design, create & operate scalable frameworks & platforms empowering DVs engineering teams to effectively deliver industry leading solutions. Hire, onboard, educate, support, inspire & lead talented engineers & managers. Define & instill SDLC processes & methodologies taming the complexity of modern software development. You will report to SVP of Engineering & oversee multiple development teams & workstreams.
What will you do:
- Manage, lead & support 2-3 Engineering Directors with extended team of 40+ engineers
- Design, extend & operate mission critical systems processing billions of events per day, reliably produce >10K reports per day & utilize big-data technologies & high scalability architectural styles
- Build software components & platforms utilizing modern technology stack: Snowflake, Apache Beam, k8s, Looker, Angular, .net Core, Mongo
- Integrate with industry leading platforms, establish cross-organizational processes & create effective & reliable APIs to support them
- Lead the ideation, design & implementation of internal frameworks & platforms supporting vertical development processes
- Promote high quality & engineering craftsmanship
- Oversee & optimize the hiring, onboarding & retention processes of top talent
- Collaborate & partner with the Product Management organization to develop a strong products roadmap & technology plan that drives business success
- Effectively execute the technical roadmap & manage the people, the process, the schedule & the communication related to software development.
- 10+ years of experience in technology related position
- 6+ years managing & leading engineering teams
- 4+ years managing Engineering Managers & Directors of Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in developing cloud native solution, preferably in GCP
- Highly technical background in cloud/SaaS platform development & operation
- Broad knowledge of programming languages, software architecture, design & database systems
- Proven experience with creating software frameworks and/or platforms used by engineers
- Experience with big-data architectural styles & technologies (Kafka, Snowflake, k8s, Apache Beam or equivalent technologies)
- Proven success in recruiting, creating, & motivating a strong performing engineering team
- Excellent written & verbal communication.
- Strong analytical/problem solving
- Strong decision-making abilities, good judgment & sound logic.
- Strong collaboration skills, works well with teams across the organization
- Excellent organization, project & task management skills
- BS,MS, or PHD degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent technical experience