As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Data Product Development division is part of the Visa's technology organisation. The division is responsible for providing value added product & services to our clients & for internal use. The client access to these services are enabled through a set of Data API, BI & Analytics products, Custom applications, Data Streaming & Visualisation . The data access is enabled via Web, Mobile & Web services. The BI product group is part of the Data Product Development division that develop & manages various BI & Analytics products & services.
The role is a self organised Lead SoftwareEngineer with a solid background in implementing substantial applications at the back-end on Big Data (Hadoop & Spark) ecosystem right from ETL to batch based access via API.Architecture, design & development of various BI products & services & the end to end implementation of these services. The system involves many technologies some of which are developed using Java/J2EE, Python, MySQL & messaging technologies.
The role requires taking products developed by the team toproduction with adherence to due process from Dev to QA to Sandbox to Production & hence release plan, identifying & aligning tasks & their priorities, ensuring that there is end to end ownership with various components, working with release engineering, reliability engineering & support teams to ensure Tier 0 through to 4 applications have high availability & scalability & resiliency from failure.
The job will also require setting up disaster recovery plan with various teams & ensuring that all external facingproducts are certified appropriately.
The candidate is also responsible for security of data & systems like all engineers at Visa & requisite security compliance of systems.
The candidate will also be responsible for providing technical guidance to the team members & communicate clearly & well to ensure product stakeholders & engineering leadership are all on the same page with product status & requirements.
BS / MS in Computer Science, or Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Experience as software engineer: 8-15 years
- Big Data & NoSql Ecosystem:
- Hadoop, Hive, Spark,ETL & workflow plus schedulers
- Operating knowledge of at least one of HBase or Mongo DB or Cassandra.
- Query optimisation a big plus.
- Must: Python, Scala, Shell Script, SQL, Basic Java
- OOPs concepts
- Basic Knowledge of Data Science desirable.
- SDLC & knowledge of product life cycle a must
- Ability to lead projects & guide engineers
- Be able to participate in multiple System Design & code review
- Good team player a must.
- Must have worked using agile methodology & Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment
- Must be able to be an individual contributor & a self-starter
- Good working knowledge of GIT a must.
- Development experience in a Cross-platform, multi-tier environment
- Relational database & SQL development experience
- Work with different cross functional team.
- Libraries & Environments:
- Development experience in Cloud/Virtual environments a plus
- Message based application development using JMS, MQ Series/Rabbit MQ desirable
- Meta data driven development
- Experience in implementing search using Elasticsearch, Solr is a plus
- Experience in integrating third party APIs
- BI tools such as Microstrategy, Tableau knowledge is a plus
Be up for a fun coding challenge in the interview. Come prepared to spend 6hours to test yourengineering & technical endurance.