Gimlet Media tells stories through audio. Our roster of podcasts includes critically-acclaimed shows like Reply All, StartUp, Crimetown, Homecoming, & The Nod. We have top editorial, sales, & business teams that create experiences that help listeners better understand each other & the world around them. We are looking for ambitious, curious, talented, & kind people to join our team.
We come from diverse backgrounds, brought together by the desire to create amazing experiences for listeners, & a shared belief in working hard, embracing creativity, & supporting one another. At Gimlet, good ideas matter more than titles. People who tackle problems with creative solutions, & who love the energy of a collaborative, team-oriented creative process thrive here.
Gimlet & the Wall Street Journal are teaming up to launch a new daily podcast this Spring. The show will take listeners behind the biggest business news stories of the day. We will explain how business drives the days headlines, & how the Wall Street Journal's deeply-reported stories shape the landscape. We will make business news relatable, & well reveal how business & finance are behind some of the biggest events happening around us.
This role is for an experienced producer who wants to put out strong work on tight deadlines. Were looking for someone who is experienced in fast turnaround production, enthusiastic about the Wall Street Journals reporting, & excited about storytelling & explanatory podcasts. The job involves pitching story ideas, arranging interviews, cutting multiple tracks of tape, writing tight narration, structuring stories into a clear narrative, & finding compelling ways to tell daily news stories. While this role is set for normal work hours, it also requires flexibility & openness to weekend & after-hours work.
What Youll Do
- Pitch story ideas that can be accomplished within a tight timeline, & pitch occasional longer-term projects
- Book, prep for, record, & produce interviews with sources inside & outside of the Journal
- Write script & structure narratives for episodes
- Record & produce field reporting trips
- Log, cut, & arrange tape, build assemblies, score moments, & everything else production requires
- Maintain strong working relationships with the Wall Street Journals reporters, editors, & managerial staff
- Balance multiple episodes in production at the same time
- Work both independently & collaboratively, depending on the task
What You Have
- 4+ years producing audio in a high-caliber, high-output organization
- ProTools proficiency
- A passion for the work of the Journal specifically & business news generally
- Enthusiasm for a high-intensity daily production schedule
- Daily experience is a huge plus
This is a full-time role employed by Gimlet but based in the Wall Street Journals Manhattan offices.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, & background will lead to a better environment for our employees & a better product for our users & our creators. This is something we value deeply & we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to audio.