Who we are:
MasterClass is transforming online education by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing what makes an actor able to cry on demand, how an athlete defies gravity, & what it takes to write a bestseller. Our online learning content is available to students anywhere anytime, which supports our mission to ignite the greatness in others.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Los Angeles. We have created online classes taught by famous masters Gordon Ramsay, Serena Williams, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Sara Blakely, David Sedaris, Bobbi Brown, Timbaland, Anna Wintour & many more to come.
Since launching in 2015, we have been growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
What we are looking for:
- Track record of building great consumer products
- Experience presenting to senior executive audiences
- Experience working effectively with cross-functional teams
- Experience using data & user research to drive rigorous product strategy
- Strategic problem-solving skills & data-driven decision-making abilities
- Consistent track record of making great decisions after weighing all the factors that must be considered (experience, brand, business impact, technical impact, etc.)
Responsibilities of the role:
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Lead a team through the ideation, technical development, & launch of innovative products
- Drive product development with a team of world-class engineers & designers
- Integrate usability studies, research & market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Define & analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Understand MasterClasss strategic & competitive position & deliver products that are recognized best in the industry
- 4+ years of product management experience
- Experience building 0-1 products
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- Work full-time in our San Francisco office
- Eligible to work in the United States legally
- Experience working on a consumer-facing product
- Knowledge & passion for education, online experiences & brand growth
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.