We are a global lifestyle brand built on transforming the travel experience. In support of our mission, we are seeking a VP to lead our FP&A team.
Want to help us transform the travel industry? The ideal candidate will drive financial & strategic leadership across our business as we build the most beloved & trusted travel brand in the world. This role will lead & continue to build our FP&A team to ensure we're developing a scalable approach to long-term planning, strategic corporate finance, financial operations, international & retail expansion & more. You will report into the CFO & be based in our New York City office.
As a company that values diversity, equity, & inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this position. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups & mandatory bias training, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What youll do:
- Lead the full company planning cycle including the long range planning process, annual operating plan & monthly/quarterly forecasting processes
- Responsible for overseeing & refining long range, driver based financial model for the business at Region/Channel level in partnership with cross-functional teams
- Drive annual operating plan cycle including target setting, guideline creation, managing calendar & milestones & producing presentations for senior leadership & board of directors
- Implement processes, frameworks & systems that allow us to capture & utilize timely & accurate data across the business to make better decisions as we become a global organization
- Establish & lead process to prepare all financial forecasts in partnerships with leaders across the company
- Establish & lead capital planning process to evaluate all investment decisions across the company
- Lead expense & liquidity planning efforts in partnership with senior leadership
- Partner closely with Accounting & Treasury teams, proactively seeking opportunities to improve processes & forecasting accuracy across all areas of FP&A
- Partner with all members of the senior management team & other company leadership on assessing & analyzing critical business decisions
Who you are:
- 15 years of progressive financial analysis experience. Background in retail or consumer goods preferred
- Demonstrated success driving decision-making through influence through cross-functional collaboration across various levels & functions
- Able to execute on today's challenges while maintaining a forward-thinking mindset around where we'll be six months, a year, & several years from now
- Data driven & goal oriented, you measure success both quantitatively & qualitatively, & understand the importance of both
- Extraordinary Excel / PowerPoint / financial modeling skills
- Proven ability to develop & manage a team
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but thats a given!)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have four weeks of PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer 401(k) match, insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, generous & inclusive parental leave, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, & a kitchen stocked with snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. We also organize monthly opportunities to give back to our local communities.
Launched in 2016 by co-founders Steph Korey & Jen Rubio, Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel. By selling directly to customers both online & through retail stores, Away is able to eliminate retailer mark up & offer high quality, thoughtfully designed luggage & travel essentials without driving up the price. In just under four years, Away has already been twice named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies, & one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies. Away is headquartered in New York City, with offices in London & Sydney. To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture & a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, & sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.