Contentsquare is a global SaaS technology company that empowers brands to build better digital experiences for all. We have been recognized by Gartner as one of the four most innovative ecommerce companies in the world, & have featured in Wired Magazine as one of Europe's hottest startups.
Contentsquare has 10 main offices across the world ( New York, London, Paris, Munich, San Francisco, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Tel Aviv, Tokyo, & Singapore) with 750+ clients globally including Fortune 100 companies like HSBC, Sainsbury's, Spotify, Asos & Microsoft. We've been experiencing tremendous growth as our team has grown from ~300 to 1000+ employees globally, & raised a $500M Series E funding in May 2021.
As our growth accelerates further we are looking to hire 1,500 positions globally in the next 3 years. We are looking for talented people like you to join us & help us continue to innovate & improve online experiences for all. We want the most ambitious, unique & enthusiastic people to join us & help us in this mission. Come join the #CSquad family!
About the role:
We are seeking a Junior Privacy Counsel to join our growing Privacy Team within the
Legal Department. Reporting to the Senior Privacy Counsel & working from our Paris office, you will
contribute to the management of Contentsquare's global privacy compliance program
and provide support to various teams throughout the company to ensure that our
products & services as well as our internal activities are compliant with applicable data
protection laws, our contractual obligations & internal policies.
What you will do:
- Assist with enhancing & driving our privacy compliance program with European
and global data protection laws & ISO 27701 requirements (processes and
policies, record of data processing activities, PIAs, employee training, data breach
response plan, audit etc.);
- Work closely with the Product Counsel to review new products, features, and
other new uses of personal data to ensure compliance with applicable data
protection laws & industry practices;
- Provide advice & guidance on data protection matters to various teams
including Marketing, Sales, HR initiatives & any new or existing project that
involve the use of personal data;
- Help draft client-facing documentation on data protection matters;
- Support our Legal Commercial Team to negotiate, draft & advise on data
protection contracts (specifically Data Processing Agreement, data sharing
agreement, data transfer agreement, Master Service Agreements) between
Contentsquare & its customers or vendors
- Support our Legal Commercial Team to respond to RFPs, questionnaires and
perform privacy vendors assessments;
- Analyze new or upcoming data protection laws, data protection authorities
guidelines & evolving industry standards & its impact on our business;
- Be a cross-functional point of contact for privacy & data protection.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of EU & global data protection laws including EDPB and
major European DPA's guidance;
- Business-friendly, proactive, with the ability to multi-task & accommodate tight
- Ability to work independently & autonomously, as well as team player mindset
with ability to collaborate across all functions (in particular Product, Marketing,
Sales & HR departments);
- Working proficiency in English & French.
- Master 2 degree in relevant law (IT, data protection law);
- At least 1-2 years of relevant post-qualification data protection law experience in a
law firm, in-house legal department or at a data protection authority, with an
experience in reviewing & negotiating data processing agreements.
- Academic or working experience with global privacy framework, including US
- IAPP (CIPP/E, CIPP/M) or another privacy certification;
- Previous experience in a scale-up and/or in a tech company.