The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, & flexible work hours!
The Senior Cafe Lead is responsible for implementing the vision & strategy of CafeCafe at all locations. Candidates should possess an entrepreneurial spirit, excelling in ability to innovate, implement strategies under pressure & grow successful teams around them, while maintaining a strong representation of community & brand awareness. Responsibilities include assisting in hiring & developing caf staff, ensuring a superior client experience, & leading all caf locations to achieve financial goals.
The Senior Cafe Lead reports to the Food & Beverage Manager.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for implementing the vision & strategy as set forth by the F&B Manager.
- Assist F&B Manager in menu development & implementation
- Assist F&B Manager in overall budget reviews & analysis
- Cover shifts & aid in organizing cover for shifts
- Update POS menu changes
- Maintain Equipment service logs & repairs
- Maintain food safety records (time+temps+FIFO)
- Work with Cafe leads to budget, analyze & present all financials on a weekly & monthly basis
- Aid Cafe leads with invoice management & payment remittance
- Monitor & maintain cleanliness, sanitation & organization of assigned station & service areas.
- Rectify all deficiencies across all Cafes
- Ability to work in a high volume environment.
- Strong free pour latte art skills & able to train employees
- Ensure that all staff opening/closing duties are completed
- Ensure monthly deep cleaning tasks are being met
- Ensure the caf is consistently meeting or exceeding the highest standards of quality in every drink & food item served
- Help to organize & lead any coffee-based community or educational events, held within or outside of the store
- Be knowledgeable on all products offered, including coffee rotations, origins, & attributes.
- Be knowledgeable in allergens
- Work with store management to maintain alignment with key store & company-wide strategies
- Help in the Management of events from set-up to tear down, ordering, handling all communication with event staff & culinary staff.
- Complete any other tasks to which the F&B Manager sets out
- 3-5 years of restaurant or cafe management experience.
- Extensive knowledge & expertise of relevant food & beverage offerings
- Positive, engaging attitude with customers, especially during times of high-volume
- Strong sense of teamwork & a resourceful, self-starter mentality in a fast-paced environment
- Available to work retail hours, including Saturday & Sunday & holiday periods
- Food Safety Manager Certificate (ANSI Approved)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin,sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will considerqualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.