Marc Andreessen, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: software is eating the world. That statement is just as true today as it was ten years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, & few industries are immune. Peak behind the code & you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader & they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software & the businesses that will power tomorrows economy. Research the industry & you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2021.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big & small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems & processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa & other emerging markets & placed them as full-time, embedded members of software development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gores venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative, & Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live & breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world & act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people & then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
About the Role:
The Sales Development Enablement Manager is responsible for equipping our Sales Development Team with the knowledge & resources they need to be efficient & effective. This role will own content creation, enablement tactics, training & productivity systems for our SDRs, & will report directly to the Head of Revenue Enablement. This role has a direct impact on our ability to deliver value to our prospects as well as provide internal mobility to decrease ramp time as internal candidates are promoted into other Revenue functions.
- Onboarding: The SDR Enablement Manager will be responsible for creating a scalable ongoing curriculum to ensure knowledge transfer & adoption of core behaviors for a 30-60-90 experience. Examples: Refining & managing role-specific onboarding curricula.
- SDR Internal Mobility: Developing SDRs for their next level career move at Andela. Example: Working with cross-functional leadership to build learning paths & certification programs that will set internal candidates up for success.
- Skill Training & Coaching: Enabling reps to consistently articulate our value to prospects. Examples: Reinforcing our sales methodology & partnering with leadership to define a manager-led coaching program, as well as driving programmatic efforts to improve our story-telling capabilities.
- Competitive Enablement: Work with Product Marketing to enable reps to consistently articulate high-level differentiators against top competitors. Examples: Coaching to battle cards & other competitive job aids.
- Tool Training: Getting the most possible ROI out of our rep-facing tool stack, by managing the adoption & optimal usage of enablement & productivity tools. Examples: learning management system, sales asset management, call analytics platform, sales intelligence platforms.
- Internal Communications: Provide timely & easy access to all information reps need to do their jobs. Examples: Partnering with the Head of Revenue Enablement to manage the SDR space on our content management system & partnering with subject matter experts to build content on processes/motions/priorities.
- Continuous Improvement: Promote a culture of data-driven continuous improvement & recognition. Examples: Monitor enablement completion/usage data & report progress & trends to leaders in a quarterly stakeholder meeting
- BA/BS degree (or equivalent) required
- Two+ years of relevant professional experience in an SDR, sales enablement, or sales training role
- Ability to analyze outcomes & utilize data insights to drive decision-making
- Experience working in rapidly changing & dynamic environments
- Exceptional communication skills & successful history of cross-functional collaboration
- Instructional design experience preferred
- Hands-on experience with CRM (preferably Salesforce), sales enablement tools (Showpad, Seismic, Highspot, etc.) & Sales Engagement tools (SalesLoft, Outreach).
- Deep empathy for sales & sales processes
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
This role is fully remote!