Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms & products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure & capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 23 billion in circulation & supported over $640B in transactions in the past year. Circles payments & treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account & APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system & digital currency & blockchain based finance. Circles SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising & capital formation to startups & growth companies. Combined, Circles suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global & inclusive financial system.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value, Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money & internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for an exceptional Accountant to be the lead representative in all customer transactional flow accounting needs across varying business units including reconciliation, journal entries, exception monitoring & analysis. As a multi-entity, international company, the Accountant works with multiple banking partners, processing platforms & varying currencies. The Accountant will work closely with the engineering risk team & general finance team.
What you'll work on:
- Prepare month-end balance sheet reconciliations for domestic & international entities.
- Implement process & procedures for reconciling balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare & analyze the monthly cash expenditures.
- Reconcile domestic & international bank accounts on a monthly basis.
- Document key accounting processes & perform related accounting operation controls.
- Perform special accounting analysis & projects, as requested.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of 1 year of accounting experience (CPA preferred or in process).
- Direct experience performing bank reconciliations for domestic & international subsidiaries.
- Solutions to identified problems.
- Organization, detail orientation, proactivity, self-motivation, collaboration, multi-tasking, & creativity.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced environment is extremely important.
- Ability to prioritize workloads & ensure tasks are completed timely.
- High integrity & ability to handle confidential information.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack & Macbook preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.