**This role can be based out of any of the following locations: Atlanta, Austin, Chicago, Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Carlos, San Diego.**
At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft understands that the future of a seamless, amazing mobility experience requires more than a great app & great drivers. It also requires a great vehicle. This is why weve reimagined our Driver Hubs to include new vehicle services that will not only improve the experience for our customers, but also reduce some of the challenges that come with being a driver. Our in-house vehicle service centers, where drivers will get high quality, affordable maintenance & repair with lightning speed will be building out quickly.
As the Training & Technician Lead of our Service Center, youll be responsible for the development & successful implementation of standard operating & technical procedures, workflows, training, etc. for our entire collision technician team. The ideal candidate will be a skilled technician & people leader from the collision industry & have a deep understanding of automobile repair as well as working to standard procedures & processes. Our focus is on doing all work, exactly right, the first time. This thoughtful approach requires someone with logical planning skills & a resulting systematic approach to getting things done. Our lead technicians are our primary resource in developing people, solving problems & delivering the highest quality work in the world.
- Lead training for all US locations
- Lead onboarding, mentoring & certification programs for all US locations
- Expect 65% travel
- Work alongside our field technicians practicing & teaching our collision repair technical procedures & SOPs
- Support the creation & implementation of our process & problem solving methods for our technicians & administrative service teams
- Support the implementation of our standard processes & an end-to-end service center workflow within our technician team
- Execute against & lead our technician teams in the achievement of our KPIs & practices
- Lead our technician team in the ongoing development of our service center operating system, its continuous improvement, & its resulting performance
- Coach & continuously develop our local technician teams & their development including mentoring & and certifying their skills & capabilities
- Partner closely with all Lyft teams to serve our customers with quality
- Lead the Collision Developmental Model & its continuous improvement
- Document people development scores & uses scores to continuously improve people, performance, process
- Work with EHS & Compliance to champion the safety & hazardous waste processes & trainings in the field
- Up-level technicians in the field by teaching the use of collision tooling & equipment
- Provide feedback to the tooling & equipment team on improvements, maintenance, & other observations being in the field
- Train field teams in proper use of & improvement to collision consumables processes
- Coordinate the staffing & scheduling of in-house & field training
- Select, develop, & evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Strong background in automotive collision repair
- Experienced leader, comfortable coaching teams
- Have lead, worked or apprenticed in a process centered business operation
- Strong people development & coaching skills
- Strong systemic problem solving capability & skills
- Capable of leading in a process-centered environment
- Strong computer skills, CCC one, Google suite, etc.
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States & Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completion of the entire recommended series of vaccination (usually one or two doses) with a vaccine authorized to prevent COVID-19 by the federal Food & Drug Administration (FDA), including by way of an emergency use authorization. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state & local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.