Who we are
At Justworks, youll enjoy a welcoming & casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, & the ability to interact with & learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard & care about our most prized asset - our people.
Were helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. Were data-driven & never stop iterating. If youd like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful & having fun while doing it, wed love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals & shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product & in our team.
If this sounds like you, youll fit right in.
As a Payroll Tax Analyst joining our growing team you will be responsible for accurately paying & remitting withholding & unemployment taxes for our customers. You must have the ability to dependably execute a set of daily, monthly, quarterly, & annual tasks to help keep our PEO & customers compliant. You are someone who can easily identify areas for process & procedure improvement & have a penchant for documenting everything you do. You love learning new software, deepening your skill-set & aspire to be a true payroll tax expert. Above all this role requires patience, determination & excellent people skills as you work cross-functionally to solve customer issues as well as communicate with local, state, & federal agencies
What you'll do
- Manage daily file uploads & electronic payments of payroll taxes
- Execute & maintain quarterly, monthly & annual payroll tax filings across all local, state, & federal jurisdictions
- Review our payroll tax system data on a daily, weekly, monthly & quarterly basis, performing reconciliations of customer data & coordinating resolutions for any discrepancies
- Resolve payroll tax inquiries/issues generated by our Customer Success team within the agreed upon service level agreements
- Manage responses & resolution of local, federal and/or state payroll notices received by customers
- Maintain internal resource center regarding payroll tax policies & procedures
- Recommend & execute changes to payroll tax processes & procedures alongside key stakeholders in Engineering, Product, Customer Success, & Compliance
Who you are
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 2-3 years payroll tax filing and/or payroll experience
- Experience with multi-state accounts for single large employer or multi-employer in multiple-states preferred
- Experience working with PEOs preferred
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Process-driven while able to be resourceful & adaptable
- Technologically savvy; experience with utilizing multiple systems & software programs
Visa sponsorship is not currently available for this role
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, & life experience is the norm & is celebrated authentically & respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people & our product drives creativity & innovation, entrepreneurial leadership & integrity, competitiveness & collaboration throughout our business & in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, & our product accessible to all of our customers.
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.