Type: Full Time
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events & critical breaking information, giving them the opportunity to act faster & stay one step ahead when every second counts. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Our groundbreaking AI & machine learning technology cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, & determining the significance of public information. Headquartered in NYC, Dataminr has revolutionized the way that global news, finance, public sector, corporate security & PR/communications professionals know & act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets & brands.
Along the way, we've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, raised over $570 million from leading venture & growth technology investors, & been referred to as the super tool of journalists & hedge funds. Weve received numerous awards & accolades from our clients, including recognition from CNBC as one of the worlds 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 & joining Forbes definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world, in 2017 & 2018.
A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact at a rapidly growing tech company with a startup culture, while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009. We value ownership, curiosity & drive on an individual level & live these values every day. We empower everyone to have a voice at the table & regularly invest in professional development. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work & have fun.
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated individual who is excited about taking your passion for news to a growing technology start up. You are a team player & thrive in a fast paced, newsroom atmosphere where you can you utilize your fluency in one or more Asian languages & be our in house expert on the propagation of media across Asia. In this role you will have your finger on the pulse of what moves Dataminr.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on breaking news in Asia
- Utilize your strong background in journalism, Asian studies and/or Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Thai, Indonesian (Bahasa) or Malaylanguages to monitor & analyze the quality of our data feeds & signals
- Conduct both qualitative & technical research to assess new product features & provide feedback to engineering & product teams
- QA software & identify any issues to elevate to our product & engineering teams
- Liaise with Sales & Marketing teams to provide technical assessments as required
- Create white papers & presentations to educate internal team
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors degree required; concentration in in journalism, Asian studies, terrorism/conflict issues, foreign language or closely related field strongly preferred
- Primary Language: Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Thai, Indonesian (Bahasa) or Malay (Native-level fluency preferred)
- Fluency in English required
- 1-5 years experience covering spot news at a news organization focused on Asia or prior experience in the government or military.
- Ability to monitor & analyze data quickly
- Demonstrated expertise & a passion for technology, social media (specifically Twitter) & following world news & current events
- Technical knowledge of APIs & Data Analytics is a plus
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Self-motivation & an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently & collaboratively within a team
Our offering of competitive benefits & perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability & life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks & beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards torace, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.