Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, & Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman & CEO) & Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine's list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud ERP software for our nation's cities, counties, & state agencies. We have surpassed 1,000+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective & accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2021 Top Workplaces USA award winner!
This role will help drive the communications strategy for OpenGov, as well as support the creation of marketing & enablement content of all types. We're looking for a gifted writer & a connector of data & stories. Given the collaborative nature of this role, project management experience & the ability to work cross-functionally is key to success. The ideal applicant for this role is a self-starter & all-around marketing athlete who can jump in & contribute to a wide range of projects -- from developing important internal communications messages to partnering with customers on PR & award applications.
• Write clear & lively copy, consistent with OpenGov voice & style guide, for a range of content types, including social posts, press releases, & internal communications.
• Work collaboratively to build a strategic media plan, develop media relationships, & pitch stories with a unique angle.
• Manage all organic messaging for OpenGov's Social channels.
• Build OpenGov's media influencer relations program - from establishing relationships with key press contacts to coordinating briefings.
• Coordinate & edit internal Marketing updates for Sales & other key internal stakeholders.
• Lead the development of an OpenGov awards program & oversee certifications.
• Help brainstorm content ideas that align with top-level brand initiatives.
• Work collaboratively with leaders across the organization to marshall projects through.
• Evaluate & report the results of communication efforts with the organization.
Requirements & Preferred Experience:
• Bachelor's degree (required)Excellent written & verbal communication skills (required).
• Project management experience or experience with meeting deadlines consistently (required).
• Experience with marketing platforms such as Marketo & Hootsuite (preferred).
• Design-focused mindset & experience working with designers & Canva (preferred).
• An avid consumer of news & trends relating to marketing & communications (preferred).
• 2-4 years of professional experience in marketing, communications, PR, and/or journalism (preferred).
• Experience or tangible interest in the public sector (preferred).