This is a hands-on lead software development & systems operations role supporting Magic Leap's build & release automation services. In this position, you will be part of a team building, evaluating, & deploying Magic Leaps software stack.
You will help maintain & add new features to our existing tools written in python to run builds & orchestrate activities with our source control systems. Additionally, you will collaborate with build engineers who maintain our Jenkins pipelines & discrete jobs.
- Engineer systems & tools to support the build, integration, & verification of complex software systems spanning multiple hardware platforms, embedded devices, mobile platforms, & cloud-based services
- Automate the compilation, continuous integration, testing, packaging, & distribution of multiple software components
- Develop tools & scripts in python to automate building software & hardware systems & enforcing software development best practices
- Document build/release tooling & evangelize to the organization, identifying areas of improvement
- Work closely with Build, Integration, Test & Software engineers to develop tools for build/CI/CD automation
- 5+ years experience in build engineering & release automation
- 5+ years expertise python programming
- Experience writing tools that communicate with source management systems using REST API
- Experience with Linux, shell-scripting, Git & Gerrit, Jenkins
- Experience with software development & testing, & familiarity with Test-Driven &
- Working with Gerrit REST API is a plus
- Experience with Jenkins pipelines, groovy scripting is a plus
- Familiar with virtual machines such as VMWare & VirtualBox, & containers such as Docker & LXC
- Familiarity with tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Fabric is a plus
- Excel in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects using a wide variety of technologies
- Strong communication skills & the desire to teach & mentor other engineers with varying domains of expertise
- BA/BS, MS preferred, in Computer Science or related field is preferred, but considerable weight will be given to experience & prior accomplishments.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.