Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, & grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult & expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware & software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, & more. We're working to find new & better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms-and we're looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
*For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio*
Square is looking for an experienced & passionate Art Director to join our award-winning creative team. You will collaborate with multiple partners across design, engineering, copywriting, production & product marketing to guide our business, brand & company mission forward.
This is a hands-on creative leadership role with tremendous opportunity to influence two of our fastest growing products, Developers & Partnerships. You will be at the heart of co-creating on-strategy ideas & bringing them to life. You'll be asked to connect dots, organize thoughts & develop plans to match the teams' expectations. You will lead projects from concept through execution, QA, & iteration. We work across the latest platforms, covering web & mobile experiences, visual design, experiential installations, photography, video, & animation.
You're conceptual, strategic, can share & sell your ideas, & encourage others to share theirs. You sweat the smallest details, understand what it takes to develop great creative work, excel in cross-discipline collaboration, & have a passion for inspiring team members.
- Partner with our Sr. Writer to lead the internal creative process & promote accountability for creative delivery
- Translate brand strategy into powerful & purposeful creative concepts
- Oversee & help design graphic concepts, assets, & visual treatments across different media & marketing channels
- Use customer & industry data to inspire creative concepts & collaborate with strategists to validate
- Foster partnerships with program management & a cross-discipline team of designers, engineers, writers, product marketers, & strategists
- Champion brand standards & design systems
- Work with partners across Square to guarantee an integrated brand experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience pushing a brand forward with fresh, evolving, creative ideas
- An ability to define & build brands
- Understand performance-based marketing strategies
- Familiarity with new & traditional brand channels & media
- Understand the possibilities & limitations of web design with accessibility as a major objective
- Experience partnering with copywriters & teams of designers, engineers, program managers & product marketers
- Agency experience is desirable
At Square, we value diversity & always treat all employees & job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, & talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name & preferred method of contact, & we will respond as soon as possible.