The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, & flexible work hours!
This part-time positionis based in our SoHo Store in New York, NY & will report to the Head Shopkeeper.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet & assist customers, consignors, & guests as they enter the store.
- Passion for delivering a luxury experience each & every day, anddisplay exemplary level hospitality skills.
- Process exceptions such as returns, assist with inquiries regarding website, consignment process, & customer feedback.
- Help pair guests with Store Stylists for styling appointments & assistance.
- Assist in processing any consignment drop-offs.
- Provide fitting room support, stock checks, refilling of the sales floor when necessary.
- Punctual, reliable & a team player to work alongside our Stylist team
- Outgoing, energetic & excited to work in the customer service industry!
- Safely handle & care for all luxury items in-store, from men & womens clothing, jewelry, watches, home & art pieces
- General shop keeping practices including housekeeping & trash removal, etc.
- Other responsibilities as designated by the floor manager & assistant floor manager
- Polished, professional presentation skills
- Ability to handle multiple complexes, time-sensitive situations while remaining calm & collected.
- Well-presented; possessing excellent communication skills
- Strong communication skills to work with consumers face to face
- A desire to work with people, & an understanding of excellence in customer service
- A professional appearance & demeanor
- Basic understanding of brands & artists
- Commitment & curiosity towards expanding expertise in fashion, fine jewelry & watches, & fine art & home
- Hospitality/Customer service experience a requirement
- Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions
- Ability to lift & move merchandise up to 50 lbs
- Weekends required