Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
At Casper, we design products & experiences to help you dream your way to a better life. Were looking for a Senior Software Engineer focused on Front End to join the site experience/e-commerce team. You'll be an integral part of a fast-moving tech team, focused on engineering the best customer experience imaginable. Youll help us build new digital experiences to support our suite of products using a modern tech stack, including React, Redux, Webpack & Styled Components to create a world-class shopping experience for customers around the world.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Caspers sleep products including its pillow, bedding, & furniture are developed in-house by the companys award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in the World & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do
- Work closely with Creative & Digital Product to launch products & create delightful experiences that impress our growing customer base
- Deliver high quality peer-reviewed code that follows best practices
- Review code written by teammates & lead technical decision making
- Set & achieve personal goals that further your technical & mentorship skills to level up the team
Our dream candidate
- Able to bring designs to life developing with our Styled Components driven style framework & CMS integration.
- Performance-minded. You code within the constraints of web performance best practices & tradeoffs.
- Well-versed in integrating with & deploying AWS services in production
- Proactive. You can independently seek out answers & own project responsibilities
- Excellent at giving & receiving feedback from others that promotes a collaborative & humble working culture
- A clear communicator that can reduce ambiguity & promote transparency with team members & co-workers
- Experience working with server-side rendering (e.g. Next.js or Gatsby) a big bonus!!
The syrup on your waffles
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging & equity so that youre part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep & fitness, & virtual programs like apps for meditation & mindfulness.
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- A full gifted bed set when you join & product discounts for friends & family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!