Glossier seeks a Packaging Production Manager as part of our Creative team. This role is responsible for maintaining brand consistency & design integrity across all primary & secondary packaging components. Ideal candidates are enthusiastic about the production process, comfortable with following creative direction, self-motivated & can work both independently & collaboratively. They oversee the end-to-end production details of packaging mechanicals & related collateral & are able to manage multiple projects & meet deadlines.
Our in-house Creative team is responsible for a range of content from Glossiers brand voice & messaging, retail/experiential production, to product & packaging design for each of our products. The role will report into the Senior Manager, Design & Production.
6 Month Expectations
- Build & release complex packaging mechanicals for a variety of primary & secondary components
- Starting from a single design spec, version out packaging mechanicals in several shades & languages
- Liaison with Regulatory, Copy, & Product Development to ensure accuracy of information
- Be the responsible person for artwork routing, reviews & approvals
- Organize & track assets with digital-asset-management best practices in a shared workflow environment.
- Provide the final technical checkpoint before any print file is released to vendor
- Ensure that all photography & artwork assets are at optimal resolution & color space
- Follow & maintain brand identity standards across all touch points
12 Month Expectations
- Color proofing & printer calibration
- Attend on-site press checks with printers & manufacturers
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience as a production artist/manager or graphic designer in a technically challenging field
- Experience with product packaging mechanicals in beauty or a similar industry
- BFA in design, fine arts, printmaking, or similar
- A deep understanding & appreciation for typography & design
- An exceptional eye for detail in regards to layout, color, hierarchy, & balance
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize own workload, & work independently
- Expert knowledge of Mac OS X & Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign & Acrobat.
- Professional understanding of traditional & digital print processes
- Professional understanding of color management & proofing
- Based in New York, NY, or willing to relocate.
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, & promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. It has been & will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race,color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, & termination