Who are we?
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
As the Online Marketing Manager, you will own the online marketing plan from end to end. You'll create a plan that allows us to grow the business efficiently by capturing & creating value through high-impact, high-volume online programming & be responsible for creating meaningful partnership opportunities with noteworthy companies & organizations in our live online tech, design, startup ecosystem.
You will be responsible for increasing the size of the General Assembly audience & maintaining a highly engaged community that adds value to GA students, campuses & business. You will also be responsible for planning & executing regular online programming, including hiring & management of instructors & managing against a P&L.
Your success will depend on other departments & people in the organization to accomplish your goals (i.e. Global Marketing team) & should be adept at managing through influence. You are comfortable holding your peers accountable, & work collaboratively to shape timelines & marshall the right resources from groups beyond your own.
This is a 100% remote US based role in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, KS, MA, MI, MN, NC, NH, NY, OR, RI, TN, TX, UT, WA, DC, WI, WV, & VA
- Planning + Forecasting: Develop a quarterly schedule of online programming across our current & future online marketing channels, including: online events, intro classes, free workshops, paid workshops & bootcamps, & OnDemand offerings. Carefully select a mixture of content & forecast the impact against quarterly business goals. Identify the proper speakers, partners & instructors to ensure quality programming.
- Team Management: Manages a team of FT reports supporting your marketing goals.
- Strategy, Execution & Scheduling: You will drive strategy for all owned projects, in partnership with the appropriate stakeholders across the organization. From making sure speakers & instructors show up on time to checking the A/V to writing copy & coordinating with our admissions team on strategic alignment with course launches, you are a rockstar at ensuring details are in place. Craft project plans, establish success metrics, manage timelines, collaborate with cross-functional business partners, & lead communication internally & externally to ensure alignment of all aspects, up to project launch.
- Leader within the local marketing org, supporting team members by testing & rolling out new initiatives
- Identify & market new & existing compelling topics by creating enticing online programming. Contribute your creativity & expertise to drive GA's holistic marketing plan forwards, taking ideas for new events & workshops from concept stage through to launch.
- Partnership Outreach & Management: You will cultivate new partnerships & maintain relationships with current partners in order to co-develop event content.
- Speaker + Instructor Recruiting & Management: Finding talented speakers, instructors & experts is the key to developing great content. You will source & evaluate the right people for the job & interface with them while they contribute at GA.
- Managing the Experience: You are responsible for ensuring that the online students have a great in-class experience. Through student feedback & impeccable program execution, students should feel that General Assembly is invested in their success & feel welcomed into the GA Community.
- Tracking & Reporting: You will keep track of & report on all metrics surrounding your quarterly plan, identify opportunities & optimizations & address pacing issues as necessary. You know your dashboard well e.g. top of the funnel growth, lead quality, conversion rates, revenue, & expense. Analyze & assess the results once projects go live, making adjustments as necessary.
- Communicate priorities & recommendations to leadership to manage & grow the marketing funnel in support of the revenue target.
- You have 4-5 years of prior marketing experience, with exposure to - & a solid understanding of - a range of marketing channels, such as: events, gorilla tactics, growth hacking, partnerships, email, website, paid, social, & content.
- You are entrepreneurial, independent, & self-directed, with the ability to set your own priorities with minimal guidance. You are comfortable with ambiguity & last-minute changes, & remain calm under pressure.
- You have previous experience making decisions based on analyzing quantitative & qualitative data.
- You are highly organized: When it comes to workflow, you take pride in your organizational skills. You can coordinate multiple projects at once & work with all necessary parties externally & internally to get the job done. You have the ability to multitask, prioritize, problem-solve, & execute in a timely fashion.
- You have past management experience & know how to motivate & empower your team to hit their goals.
- You have excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- You have a passion for education