Company Description|Job Description
Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Network Support Engineer, we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
The Infrastructure Reliability Engineering group is responsible for the support, implementation & reliability of Visa's networks. Infrastructure Reliability Engineering also shares responsibility with information security for network access & security compliance of all networks. In this role, you will be responsible for the implementation, & support of IP networks for Visa's global commercial & Corporate network infrastructure. Our problems are complex, & you will be working to solve them & implement creative solutions. You're an experienced professional & we'll assume you will reach out if you need additional guidance, but otherwise, be pretty well self-managed. We are collaborative & communicate openly by nature so opportunities for mentorship are plentiful on this team.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Plan, design implement, & support network systems of medium complexity.
- Support WAN connections.
- Provide client capacity planning support consisting of data analysis, requirements verification, & providing client recommendations.
- Work closely with project & account managers to support all client network requirements.
- Provide network design documentation to project teams, peers, & network support organizations.
- Perform second level support within Visa to resolve network issues & support the implementation of new network solutions.
- Provide engineering recommendations to Visa regional & product representatives as requested.
- Conduct product evaluation & testing, & support application development teams.
- Support change management processes for the commercial networks environment.
- Support maintenance window activities on the commercial networks when required.
- Build & maintain relationships with global teams & third parties to address network development & support issues.
- Participate in the development, testing & QA functions to ensure project delivery.
- Provide technical support to ensure timely problem resolution.
- Work with the Information Security Office to ensure Visa security requirements are met, & provide technical assistance for investigation & analysis of security alerts.
What we're after
- Mid-level experience in a network engineering and/or support role.
- CCNP minimum.
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology or Engineering.
- Cisco switching & routing.
- Other vendor technologies such as F5, Arista, Riverbed
- Knowledge of Python Scripting and/or Ansible tower an advantage.
- Technical Expertise with IP networking & extensive knowledge of technologies such as MPLS & VPN.
- Extensive engineering knowledge of network hardware including routers & switches.
- Experience & expertise with IP routing protocols including EIGRP, OSPF & BGP. Knowledge of encryption technologies (IPSec, SSL), standby protocols HSRP & VRRP, & network address translation (NAT) experience is required.
- Network support experience in a mission-critical, 24x7 production environment.
- Candidates must have strong verbal & written communications skills, & must be comfortable
- Working both independently & in functional teams.
- Candidates should have strong planning, organisational, & problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to systematically troubleshoot problems in complex systems & network environments.
- Solid understanding of network security principles & techniques.
- Successful candidates must be self-sufficient & have the ability to make engineering
- decisions within the documented process.
- Experience in the financial and/or e-commerce business desired.
- ITIL certification preferred
- Support level knowledge of routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP) load-balancing gear & Network Tools
- Fundamental knowledge of SDN technologies
- Support level knowledge of VXLAN
- Understanding of Leaf/Spine Architecture
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- Weekend working is a requirement.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.