General Ledger Accounting Manager, International
Location: London, UK (Remote, with 1 day a week in the office)
Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people & technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security protections. It integrates directly with an organizations existing directories & identity systems, as well as 6,500+ applications.
Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement the service quickly at large scale & low total cost.
Thousands of customers, including Adobe, LinkedIn & Gatwick Airport, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue, & stay secure.
To learn more about Okta, visit: https://www.okta.com
Okta is searching for an International GL Accounting Manager who will lead and
manage core International-based GL activities & International Statutory Reporting. The ideal candidate
is a detail-oriented, self-motivated team player with a solid working knowledge of GAAP/IFRS/FRS
reporting & experience with the related operational accounting execution. This individual thrives on
process improvement & enjoys working in a challenging, fast-paced environment. This role will be
successful through team member development, effective communication, cross-functional partnership and
proactive collaboration in order to support our continued growth & success. This role will be reporting
to the Senior Director, Global Accounting & AP.
Oktas Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our companys actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, & maintain transparency. Its our expectation that our managers & leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills & perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback & reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths & weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals & the organizations goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities & translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the International Statutory accounting & reporting
- Manage the international external audits
- Trains the team to prepare for the external audits
- Lead the day-to-day general ledger activities for international locations, including reviewing
journal entries & account reconciliations
- Management of the general ledger accounting activities, such as Prepaids, Fixed Assets, T&E, Expenses & various department Expense Accruals
- Monthly balance sheet & P&L flux analysis that provide insight into key business drivers
- Ensure accurate & timely monthly, quarterly & year-end close processes
- Partner cross-functionally with AP, FP&A, Tax & various functional business owners to
establish best practices, as well as drive on-going process refinement to improve the efficiency
and accuracy of GL accounting & reporting
- Mentor, coach & develop the team
- Assist in the development & implementation of global accounting policies, procedures and
company-wide initiatives & identify opportunities for process improvements
- Maintain & enhance the internal controls over operational accounting processes & systems
- Ensure compliance with SOX for GL Accounting documents, processes, programs & policies
- Participate and/or lead projects as needed
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Qualified Accountant or ACA equivalent
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience, including 1-3 years of management experience
- Solid working knowledge & application of US GAAP, IFRS, FRS & other regulatory
frameworks & internal controls
- Experience in preparing annual statutory accounts under IFRS/FRS
- Previous experience of managing direct reports
- Ability to partner, collaborate & influence across functional areas
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic setting while maintaining accuracy & delivering against deadlines
- Motivated to work cross-functionally in a role that requires fostering strong relationships with multiple business partners
- Advanced analytical & problem-solving skills with the ability to interpret & analyze data
- Flexibility to take meetings out of normal working hours as needed, in order to accommodate the time zones of our international operations & staff
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative & successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies & provides flexible benefits & collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best & uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Oktas privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.